• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lookie what followed me home!!!! (XJ#3 for me)

mdoffroad

NAXJA Forum User
Well, after a month plus of searching I found a 97 2dr XJ about an hour or so from my house....
It SEEMED like what I wanted but I had money issues and wasnt keen on driving that far out....
I went and drew a bank check up to take JUST incase... well, it was gorgeous....
IT has a 3.5" RE lift with AAL's (that are sagged already), new radiator, brakes, ball joints, about perfect paint etc.....
ITs got h4 housings already, the roofrack with a nice floor in it, hilift etc....

The rack is more than likly gonna leave and the factory roofrails from a wrecked one I have access to might donate it too me. Im not much on racks that sit that tall. the CB system came out and is gonna be for sale CHEAP. IT has LOW mile Moabs and MTR's on it. Agaisnt everyones advise,the MTR's are leaving in place will be REVO's. The tires look NEW, I just dont like that open a tread and I seriously doubt I will every use them as intended. so now the hunt is on for 245/75/16 REVO's.

DriverSide.jpg

PassSide.jpg

back1.jpg

engine.jpg

interior.jpg

nose.jpg

nice clean jeep, I dont go crazy for the xj's with the rubicon stickers, but its nice. I have some chromed factory roof racks if you need & I think those tires are nice. I would keep them.

Well, after a month plus of searching I found a 97 2dr XJ about an hour or so from my house....
It SEEMED like what I wanted but I had money issues and wasnt keen on driving that far out....
I went and drew a bank check up to take JUST incase... well, it was gorgeous....
IT has a 3.5" RE lift with AAL's (that are sagged already), new radiator, brakes, ball joints, about perfect paint etc.....
ITs got h4 housings already, the roofrack with a nice floor in it, hilift etc....

The rack is more than likly gonna leave and the factory roofrails from a wrecked one I have access to might donate it too me. Im not much on racks that sit that tall. the CB system came out and is gonna be for sale CHEAP. IT has LOW mile Moabs and MTR's on it. Agaisnt everyones advise,the MTR's are leaving in place will be REVO's. The tires look NEW, I just dont like that open a tread and I seriously doubt I will every use them as intended. so now the hunt is on for 245/75/16 REVO's.

Why doesnt anything like that ever follow me home?!?

lol, congrats on the new jeep, great

Looks good....

Here is some food for thought.
If the rig did NOT come from the factory with a roof rack, you need to be careful you won't create roof leaks installing one.
The headliner may need to come down to do it right.

The AAL has got to be the easiest thing to fix.
Put some PB blaster on the u-bolts every weekend till spring.
Buy new spring center bolts, take the old ones off with a grinder ( and large c-clamps to keep the springs from flying apart.

Back