• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Look at what I found.

worst that ca happen?

well years ago 4 friends from the USA came up to this area driving dads Suburban he just put 4 "new" tires on. Turns out a few were rather old, fell apart on the hiway and the 4 boys were killed when the Burban went into on coming traffic. There was a large news story a few years ago on selling "new tires" that were actually old. check out the date stamp on them (4 numbers in an oval, month/year I believe)

that being said, maybe you can find something to help condition them a bit, I don't know of anything that will soak into Rubber, but something like that may help.

otherwise run it offroad, or use as spares.

edit: google results http://www.aa1car.com/library/tire_expire.htm see the 20/20 report 1/2 way down the page

What is the year on them?

I bought a set of 4 33" BFG Mud Terrains. They were from 1999. I ended up selling them for profit when I found a newer set of 4 33" BFG Mud Terrains from 2006.

The old ones had some dryrot but not too bad. Probably older than the ones you picked up. Anyway the white on the letters was appearing to spread in the same fashion as your tires. I wonder what causes that.

hey guys
I looked all over those tires and could not find anything that looked like what I was shown to be the date
but

all I found that was close was this " 1 1 3 7 00"
spaced out just like that

are the tires made in 2000?

I say buy 3 more new ones and run one with the 3 new ones and use the last old one as a spare. If they are too old and end up failing atleast you only have one blow out that you can control instead of 2 that could cause a major disaster for you if you were on the highway doing 70 mph. My roommate had a set of 33s not BFG but it is a known brand just forgot the name but he was just cruising down the highway and had a random blow out on what was supposed to be a "good" and "new" tire that was in the 6 year old range. He doesn't wheel is jeep hardly ever and just does regular daily driving in it. So you never know what will happen.

my plans for the tires fell through, so anybody wants these tires for a small price or a small trade

for two 10% used BFG A/T 33/10.50/15
9 years old

small price or
small trade

im in Eastern North Carolina
alex

Were you planning on running all terrains anyway? If so I'd run them, at least on the rear....or use one as a rig spare and the other as a barn spare?

I think you have the "newer" style all terrain that would match up with the current date production all terrains....as in no difference in the pattern or design of the sidewall and tread.

If you'll recall there were an old style of all terrains as well as an old style of KM1 mud terrains before the newer style KM1 mud terrains (NOT talking about the entirely new KM2 mud terrains!)

I was goin to run them, but then I would had to buy 2 or 3 more tires, 15 inch wheels for the tires, and buy more for my lift, have a 3 1/2 inch lift and 33's cant fit that.

and I had an awsome trade, my brother was going to give me 4 50% used BFG A/T with wheels for the two tires, but had issues with stuff and backed out

Last edited:
Blaine is right, I was running 33's on about 3" (no more than 3.5") after just a bit of trimming. I never actually adjusted the bumpstops (the rears screws broke off while trying, never put any back in) and I never had a problem on or offroad.

The letters still have the blue crap on them to protect the white from when they are new. Just get some comet/ajax and gently scrub it off. It's a PIA after it's been on there for years but will clean them up. As long as they were inside I wouldn't worry about them being 9 years old. Usually after 5 or so years the rubber will start to deteriorate from exposure, but just keep an eye on them in case crack start to develop.

That isn't the blue stuff though. I was talking about the white substance that appeared to be "moving" away from the letters onto the black part of the tire itself.

alright Ill see what I can do, I have to find some wheels and tires somewhere for a great deal

I hope the tires work great, for a spare and for off roading

thanks for the video danny

thanks for anwsering all my quesions

I have more questions, not about tires, I think Ill just search some more

Back