• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arms wont fix?!?!

rocklandxjer said:
they said to go short arm on 8 inches as the best way, i dont care who has the best components.

No they didn't they said use drop brackets. BIG difference than just short arms like most lifts run.

What are you trying to fix with the long arm? Where the axle location is? I went with the RK long arm setup on mine and am unhappy where it placed the front axle. Its further rearward now than when I had fixed short arms for a 3" lift on it. There is only 2" of adjustablility in the lower arms and even with them maxed out, its still too far rearward, my driveshaft used to be right in the middle of the slip, now it is almost bottomed out all th time.

Other than that I am happy with the kit, it rides great and flexes great. Just be prepared to take all th joints apart to grease them, if you just use the zerk fittings they will still make a lot of noise.

can I jump in on the 4wp bashing. That company is full of a bunch of dumb @ss kids and maybe 1/4 of them actually ride. Any long arm kit you buy will be adjustable so you'll be getting the same adjustability as the short arms but a much smoother ride and better flex. Anything over 5" of lift or so and long arms would be a MASSIVE improvement over your performance. Drop brackets work the same if you're not wanting offroad performance, but they are such a pain to put off and they get hung up real bad off road, go long arms and don't look back, ever........

btw-did i mention NEVER let 4wp tough your jeep.........ever

Panthers65 said:
can I jump in on the 4wp bashing. That company is full of a bunch of dumb @ss kids and maybe 1/4 of them actually ride. Any long arm kit you buy will be adjustable so you'll be getting the same adjustability as the short arms but a much smoother ride and better flex. Anything over 5" of lift or so and long arms would be a MASSIVE improvement over your performance. Drop brackets work the same if you're not wanting offroad performance, but they are such a pain to put off and they get hung up real bad off road, go long arms and don't look back, ever........

btw-did i mention NEVER let 4wp tough your jeep.........ever
As much as people say long arms are worlds ahead of drop brackets, I don't buy all of it. Sure, most people get better flex out of long arms, but DBs offer plenty of it. And I'd really like some testimonies and pics of people that have gotten terribly hung up on those DBs. They are angled towards the unibody and are steel. If you hit them, you'll slide off (hopefully) and they'll be fine.

Back