• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arms for Overland/Daily Driven, Narrow/Low COG Build, Turning Radius?

I am pretty sure that Mark (sidewaysstarion) has the Poly mounts over stiffies.
You could also contact PP, let them know you are going to be running stiffies and see if they can make them a little bigger?
Or, what a few have done, since PP stuff is beef anyways, cut the stiffies to fit front/rear of the brackets.

You could also contact PP, let them know you are going to be running stiffies and see if they can make them a little bigger?
Or, what a few have done, since PP stuff is beef anyways, cut the stiffies to fit front/rear of the brackets.

I talked to someone at PP a while back about this, they would not make me a custom set to fit my stiffeners, and they told me that they would not fit over stiffeners.

I have seen multiple people notch stiffeners around them, and I believe this is the best way to do it, unfortunately that ship sailed on my jeep.

The poly brackets are definitely stiff enough to weld on an integrate into your stiffeners. That was my plan because I had a set of stiffeners, just cut them to fit fore and aft of the brackets, but I never got a chance to put them on.

The poly brackets are very tight to the framerail, no way they are going over an extra layer of metal. But they fit perfectly and bolting them on holds them just fine. It's 10 bolts on each side and it's very easy to weld them on later if you want.

The RK 3/4 link has "bent" lowers

Last edited:
I was looking into the rustys kit as well. They are really nice looking brackets. You'll still have to fab a bit to get those to fit with stiffeners. However. This kit is way cheaper (Naxja discount -10% and no shipping for me) and you get soooo much more.
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com...&Product_Code=3LINK-COILB&Category_Code=3LINK
You already have stiffeners just fab a few more support brackets and your good. Then do your own belly skid. So much cheaper than buying pre fabbed stuff.

Never any good luck with rustys, 4 months from new the powdercoating sheets off(even waxed and cleaned), horrible customer service!, costly shipping...

I am surprise no one spoke of dirt bounds mid arm. When I order it they told me from 2 inches of lift to whatever. I'm shooting for 3.5. I will clock my t- case then build a bellypan.

I run a Rough Country Long arm upgrade kit with my 3.5 inch Rubicon Ex springs. OME shocks and an Iron Rock Track bar. A bit of a jumbled mix match of my favorite parts.

The height is perfect and I love how it rides. The shocks are done though, I just ordered new OME nitrocharger sports.

IMG_5096 by Sean Mitchell 707, on Flickr

Good short of the height- Those are 255/85/16's.
Airing up by Sean Mitchell 707, on Flickr

The arms hang a bit low, but they honestly protect the driveshaft really well, and I have never had issues.
Untitled by Sean Mitchell 707, on Flickr

DrMoab's rig has long arms and we just did a 1230 mile trip pulling his M416 and it was flawless. Then, on the way to drop me off at the airport he disco'd the swaybar, aired down and we climbed up a mountain! Longarms also made the ride down 500+ miles of gravel and dirt much more enjoyable!

Dont Know If It Was Mentioned But When I Went to Long Arms, TNT With 4.5 RE Springs. The Springs Were Way To Soft So I Swapped In Some RR 5.5 Coils And The Ride Much Better On And Off road

Dont Know If It Was Mentioned But When I Went to Long Arms, TNT With 4.5 RE Springs. The Springs Were Way To Soft So I Swapped In Some RR 5.5 Coils And The Ride Much Better On And Off road

I did this exact thing. The RE 4.5s were way tooooo soft with my TNT setup. the 5.5s were much better and I ran sway bars on road with the 4.5s but with the 5.5s I ditched the sway bars.

I am surprise no one spoke of dirt bounds mid arm. When I order it they told me from 2 inches of lift to whatever. I'm shooting for 3.5. I will clock my t- case then build a bellypan.

Because for one, that is a radius arm setup with only one upper mount. Not knocking dirtbound or there products or radius arms. Also it's interesting but in the picture for the complete dirtbound kit it seems to be missing a bushing set. You also have to pay an extra 49.99 to have an adjustable upper link (without that you are unable to dial it caster which is a bad design in my opinion).

As fare as builder kits go the ruffstuff three link kit is only 70$ more (for us Naxja folk) and you get a true three link, fully adjustable, coil buckets, and a full trackbar as well. And no bushings that wear out. Beefy 1.25" heims all around.

I run dirtbounds fan setup and the mounts on their kit look cool. Just think they could do better for the price. I know ruffstuff has more buying power and that brings their price down too.

The stiffeners were cut to fit around the poly brackets and then welded to the brackets and the brackets were bolted through the floor and welded to the frame.

The Rusty's springs are super soft. Dump them and go to a shorter spring. Your current 3 link will probably work fine at 4-4.5".

Back