• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm road manners

Ramsey said:
thats what bumpstops are for

I have them, they stop the shocks at about 5" of travel. I have about 6" of travel available. im trying to use a little more uptravel and still keep it fairly low and try to keep good articulation, so far it's kinda working. I think i need a little more bumpstop and a lnger shock though, cause i realy haven't got a lot of droop.

Dingo

shelbyluvv said:
I have a RK 6.5" lift with 35's. I also have BWs. Under full stuff the tires will rub the flares. I used Rocky Road BPEs in the front to stop the up movement of the axle. RK lifts do not use bumpstops. Their shocks have internal bump stops. The BPEs will still let the tires just barely kiss the flares. Here is a pic under full stuff, The flares have not been hurt yet.
Picture021.jpg
internal bump stops???your kidding me right???you still need a bump stop if your going to do it right.

magoo117 said:
internal bump stops???your kidding me right???you still need a bump stop if your going to do it right.

I have been wheeling like that for 2 years and everything is fine. I have no complaints about my shocks. I do not use my rig for the super difficult stuff but, I am not affraid to wheel it either. That pic was just a glamor shot. It is still a DD and it is financed. Once it is paid off.......

Just saying if you rely on the bump stops inside your shox you will end up killing your shox over time.It would be much better for the rear to bottom against a nice bump stop to save the shox. :wave:

Back