• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm materials>>>>the missing link

Thats a little small for a long arm set-up! I used 1-1/4"x12 Chromoly allthread in 2"chromoly tubing!

Last edited:
1 3/8" x 1/4 wall is what we used to run on several desert race trucks outta lake havasu city.....its plenty stout!...and most comp rigs...run the 3/4" 16 thread hiems.....

Not for a daily driver and considering theyll probably take some hits.

BTW ;thanks to all that suggested Modesto steel,I got my sleeve material on Thursday.I hope to be done with the Long arms and new lift by Sunday!

Atten:ZPD and others.....

The sleeve material I got for the bushings is going to have to be machined for the step on the bushing.Do you know the numbers for the fit,Im thinking no more than .005" of press? TIA

Well I was going to respond with I have no idea but then I remembered that I have a spare bushing and a set of dial calipers.
The minor diameter of the OD is 2.245 and the major diameter ranges between 2.280 and 2.3 (mine must be smashed or oval).
I think that I would try to get the bore of the sleeve to match the dimensions of the bushing with maybe only .002"-.003" of interference. Hope that helps. Post pics when you get done!

Im taking lots of pics,will have to figure a way to post them.As for the steel I bought 2' of 2-5/8"x.188" ,it was 15.50$, plus 6$ for the cut,plus 10$ to touch it,and7.00$ for shipping.Alot of charges but at least I got it!

I have some tubing with an ID of 2.25, I am planning on pressing the bushing in place. Its a pretty snug fit up to the step in the bushing. When the bushing gets pressed in the step will hold it firmly in place.

Let me know what you can handle!Ive got 1 more pic to use up on this roll(long arm build).I always have them developed plus a "cd" so theyre 1024x768 format.

I've got like 20MBs of free space right now and I can resize them as well. I don't promise to leave them up indefinately, but I'll leave 'em up for a while. Peace

Ary

P.S. Bandwidth isn't a problem

Back