• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm decisions

conway4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 4.0 XJ. It's not my daily driver but 3 times a week I’m in it. Anyways, my current setup is 4.5" Rusty coils and bastard leaf pack. Stock UCA ,LCA. I ran this setup for little over a year and now I’ve developed bump initiated DW.

My question is, I plan to step up to 6.5" within the next two years. I am starting to replace all the stock stuff, but should I get adj UCA, LCA, and tracbar or invest in a long arm setup. At 6.5" what would be recommended, Long arm setup, adj. UCA & adj. LCA with drop brackets, or just adj. UCA & adj. LCA

I have done a little research but i just moved to an area without high-speed internet. Searching naxja with dial up is a arduous process.

If you have to buy new Control arms, then I'd suggest just going with a LA. At 6.5", short arms won't be sufficient without drop brackets. But for the price of New Arms, and DBs, you can get a nice LA setup. Look into Clayton and TnT for radius style, or Rock Krawler for a nice 3 link.

I've been daily driving a 6.5" TnT L.A. setup for about 8 months. I really like it. Good flex, decent ride, and doesn't rattle or squeak.

BlueXJ1013 said:
Rockkrawler 3-link. Incredible flex, cheap cost, and a smooth ride.

XJflexer said:
I can attest to the Rockkrawler 6.5" 3-link. Awesome system. BUY IT!!!

Thats all good to hear as I just ordered that system 2 days ago. I can't wait to install it and see how it goes for myself.

Back