• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lockrite in an 8.25

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well right now ive got 35s, and i just finished locking the front a few weeks ago, and its been amazing. yes, i have a d30 locked on 35s. but i know when i need to ease off also, and not playing in rocks helps also. so one of my favorite things to do is hill climbs, but with all the weight shifting to the rear, ive been able to do a few more climbs with the front locked, but, one of my friends with locked 31 inch ATs and a rear locker has amazed me with what itll do.

so anyways, ive got a 95, which means 27 spline. everybody said the d30 had a prayer of holding up, if i went easy. would the same be for the 8.25, or no

there are at least 2 29-spline 8.25s on sale in the classifieds right now. One guy is even willing to pull the axles to save on your shipping.

Just upgrade and get down with your bad locker.

I'm thinking of going to 35s this summer, what gears are you running? I'm hoping 4.56s will be deep enough as I like my 97 8.25 a great deal...

Back