• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loan me your spare, PLEASE!!

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
I have a D/W problem and I think I have it narrowed down to the Unit Bearing on the Driver side. I really hate to spend $120.00 plus and find out that is not my problem. SO... If anyone has a good spare they can loan me for about a week I would deeply appreciate it. :kissyou:
I need it to fit 91 to 99 HP Dana 30, and please not to far from Columbus In.

Thanx Abunch Cardboard

you need a 5 on 4.5 wheel pattern, what size tire? I had the DW start all at once for no reason, determined that someone used fix-a-flat sometime, and after the first freeze temp screwed up the balance. Once the tire was broken off rim and cleaned, no more problem. Check your balance.

I have a complete different set of wheels and tires on the jeep now, plus I just unseated cleaned and reseated all four wheels and tires. I also have this set internally balanced ( air sft bb's).
Thanx for the thought Cardboard

I have one and I will be coming through Columbus in the morning 5-6ish. I will be rolling back through between 9-10ish. I will be PMing you my phone number. It was given to me by another member when we traded axles. The said it was good. I am going to PM you my phone number. I am in class right now but I get out at 9:30 if you want to call me I can check when I get home(around 10 or so) PM coming to you now

If the hub is shot, it would be obvious upon examination.
Your method of troubleshooting is troubling...to say the least.
:shhh:

cardboard said:
I have a D/W problem and I think I have it narrowed down to the Unit Bearing on the Driver side. I really hate to spend $120.00 plus and find out that is not my problem ...

A bad unit bearing needs to be replaced regardless whether or not it is causing your DW. Spend the $120 if necessary. Replace any worn out steering or suspension parts. Any one, or combination of, can cause DW.

Here's a pretty good list of things to check:
A) Out of balance tires or out of round wheels.
B) Loose track bar.
C) Worn front-end joints. (tie rod ends, track bar, ball joints, etc)
D) Bad alignment.
E) Bad caster angle.
F) Bad steering stabilizer.

Les

1st off why is it, that a simple request gets me flamed by people on this board. bgcntry72 which method are you referring to, the one where I dont spend money on unneeded parts or the one where its NOT obvious upon examination?
Seanr I started a week ago with wheels, tires, balancing,TRE, tracbar, control arms. I am trying to finish here not start here!! Come on guys this doesn't help the problem at all.
Cardboard

Whoa.....back down there.

You stated that you suspect the unit bearing, check it....if it is loose, bad, or makes noise, it MUST be replaced. You should be able to id a bad unit bearing without driving it, let us know if you need help with that.

The best way to fix DW is to crawl under the Jeep and have someone work the wheel back and forth, find the loose or damaged part, and fix or replace.

Endless tossing of parts at the problem is not the best choice. These people here have traced many DW problems over the years, they are trying to help you....not flame you.

I suggest you listen.

Rev

Rev Den said:
Whoa.....back down there.

You stated that you suspect the unit bearing, check it....if it is loose, bad, or makes noise, it MUST be replaced. You should be able to id a bad unit bearing without driving it, let us know if you need help with that.

The best way to fix DW is to crawl under the Jeep and have someone work the wheel back and forth, find the loose or damaged part, and fix or replace.

Endless tossing of parts at the problem is not the best choice. These people here have traced many DW problems over the years, they are trying to help you....not flame you.

I suggest you listen.

Rev

Precisely. Not to mention this should be in OEM Tech........

If the hub is bad, it's bad and it's easy to ID a bad hub. If you can change a tire, I'd think you can ID a bad hub. Jack up the suspect tire. Grab tire at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock. Shakey, Shakey. Look for movement. Surpurb time to check ball joints as well.

OK Rev," just let us know if I need help"?? I asked a simple question and I get
"Your method of troubleshooting is troubling...to say the least. Next I get "Start Here" and seanR has no idea where I am or what I have already done.
At least Les tried to help.
Well just forget it some one DELETE this thread please, I will figure it out myself. :fuse:
Thanx Cardboard

cardboard said:
"Start Here" and seanR has no idea where I am or what I have already done.

Precisely. You didn't provide that info in your original post and we're not mind readers. Believe it or not, DW is a common occurance and every post has experience backing it. Did you honestly WANT to be offended? It sure seems that way. Not a single post was a flame.

You all need to reread the original post. This was not about my DW, this was about a part to borrow. Hale this is not in OEM because of that fact, I wasnt looking for someone with a part they had to mail.
Thganx cardboard

Everyone apparently tried to help you if all you wanted was a spare then. Should have posted in the MWC For Sale/Wanted Forum.

You have been using this forum since Mar of 03 you should know that no one is just gonna flame you. I have only been a member since Feb 08 and I already see these are a bunch of great guys out here that most if not all will do what they can to help.

cardboard said:
You all need to reread the original post. This was not about my DW, this was about a part to borrow....

I am glad you posted the above ... I was wondering to myself, "Why in the heck does he want to borrow a spare?" ... thinking spare tire. I guess the second and third posts kinda re-enforce the tire notion. After re-reading your first post, you want to borrow a spare unit bearing. Well that certainly cleared things up for me!

Funny shit ...

Les :laugh:

seanR said:
10/4 on that.
I also thought you were looking for a spare tire.

Good Times!

Same here. JIM.

Back