• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Little Red

sa4yru6e.jpg

e2a5e8u2.jpg

egudapaj.jpg

Here are pictures of the rounded bumper. I actually didn't get all 4 bolts in that side plate of the frame bracket in the picture, plus another underneath.

same brackets as mine.
Is the hitch area stamped with a maximum tow rating? Mine is stamped to the left of the ball for 3500 lbs and 350lbs tongue weight.

If it's stamped I'd slap the step bumper receiver on it and haul jetskis.

same brackets as mine.
Is the hitch area stamped with a maximum tow rating? Mine is stamped to the left of the ball for 3500 lbs and 350lbs tongue weight.

If it's stamped I'd slap the step bumper receiver on it and haul jetskis.

"Do Not Exceed Manu. Recommended Towing Capacity" Is what Ive got stamped on the bumper.

lol.

What's your skis weigh on the trailer? 2K lbs maybe?

I'd slap a step bumper adapter on it and roll.

lol.

What's your skis weigh on the trailer? 2K lbs maybe?

I'd slap a step bumper adapter on it and roll.

Skis are 551lbs and 390lbs dry. The trailer idk specifics on, but I would guess around 1000bs, so yeah 2k is about right. Step bumper adapter will be ordered in the next week or so, I'll go home to get the ski's after the crawl.

Skis are 551lbs and 390lbs dry. The trailer idk specifics on, but I would guess around 1000bs, so yeah 2k is about right. Step bumper adapter will be ordered in the next week or so, I'll go home to get the ski's after the crawl.

My all steel, 2x10 wood deck 5x10 utility trailer weighs 700 lbs. No way your aluminum jet ski trailer weighs anything close to that.

My all steel, 2x10 wood deck 5x10 utility trailer weighs 700 lbs. No way your aluminum jet ski trailer weighs anything close to that.

Steel former 19'? bass boat trailer. I still may be over-estimating but I prefer the side of caution.
muqyga2a.jpg

A bunch of random googling and I've come to the conclusion that your bumper is good to 2k lbs, my step bumper is good to the full 3500 they rated the man trans truck at.

honestly I'd be more worried about the ba-10 than the bumper pulling off...

so, pulled apart my D44.

Good news:
Center section looks factory new. Still has clean gear oil in it. Spiders are tight, gear pattern looks good and the bearings are clean and shiny. It's fully good to go.

Bad news
Shafts and drums are wasted from morons at a wrecking yard torching wheels off. So I'm going to have to find new shafts.

I had decided that I was going to put ZJ brakes on it, but I think I may keep the drums. This 44 has the stupid wide 10" drums, and since I don't feel like messing with parking brake cables I'll probably just rehab them and roll out. I'm sure the parking brake will work better than silly little shoes inside a rotor anyway, and I value a good functioning parking brake. Chances are the drums are more effective brakes anyway, and I don't feel like monkeying with the bed height proportioning setup anyway. Thankfully this 44 was a factory Mj piece and still has the bracket on the diff for the height valve.

When I replaced a non-c-clip 35 with 10 inch brakes with a 44 with wider brakes, I was very disappointed with the braking. Everything was new, I bled the crap out of it, it has never braked as well as the 35. Why, I have no idea. Not to say every 44 will behave the same, just one datum. FWIW.

I can't imagine they have a different master, but maybe so. Don't know if 44 has larger wheel cylinders.

Truck had it's first failure today. Turned the key , heard the fuel pump, got nothing. Bashed the starter with a hammer and was on my way.

So looks like ordering a starter today. Also noticed some funk coming from the front of the motor, so looks like I've got a slight gasket leak at the pump or thermostat housing.

sun visors, glorious sun visors!

you don't know how useful those are until you don't have them.

Back