• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Links vs. Leafs

Matt, did your new XJ with come with National's? If so, I'd keep them, or at least put them under the tractor & see how they work before making a decision. It sounds like you just want something that will work well, as opposed to going bling for the bling of it. The National's work well.
Paul

p.s. I told Garry about your new project & he got awfully excited about leading a 'special' JV run just for you next season. I think we're gonna have some fun...

Paul S said:
Matt, did your new XJ with come with National's? If so, I'd keep them, or at least put them under the tractor & see how they work before making a decision. It sounds like you just want something that will work well, as opposed to going bling for the bling of it. The National's work well.
Paul

p.s. I told Garry about your new project & he got awfully excited about leading a 'special' JV run just for you next season. I think we're gonna have some fun...

Uh Oh, I sense another run up "Backdoor", also known as Jack's Crack.

That thing kicked our ass last time, and the was BEFORE it got washed out. I here it's twice as bad now. :eek:

I agree on the Nationals, that is a sweet leaf pack.

CRASH

MrShoeBoy said:
Got any pics of the shackle moved outside the box? You got my intrest peaked.

AARON

I just did this...last fall, I guess, only one trip on them so far.

I made it bolt on, b/c I absolutely suck at upside down welding. I made it very tight in there though, so when it's bolted in (using the stock shackle bolt) it doens't move at all. Then I added a few quick stitch welds to the body for a little extra insurance that it doesn't move. The boomerang shackles are for pretty much no reason...I have a friend that deals RE, so I got a real cheap price, and figured I would get the blinging doglegs instead of straight. I also used a 1.5" bushing rather than the 1.25" than typical shackles use.

170272_47_full.jpg
170272_48_full.jpg
170272_49_full.jpg

170272_55_full.jpg

_nicko_

Yep, comes with the nationals. I'll probably leave them in & fab up a good traction bar & call it good. Tell Gary he's on. I plan to ride this beotch hard & put it up wet. I get goose bumps just thinking about the lack of sheet metal.

Matt

PS
Paul, now that I'm chopping the top off an XJ can I get shocks too? :rattle:

Mark Hinkley said:
Here is a nice shot of me looking at those nationals!
P3050048.JPG

hinkley

fawkin loser....

why do we care what you look like?

damn, and I thought kejtar hit the reply button a little too indisciminately.....

Beezil said:
fawkin loser....

why do we care what you look like?

damn, and I thought kejtar hit the reply button a little too indisciminately.....

Hey now, don't get all pissy because there aren't any "nice" pictures of you!

:D

hinkley

FarmerMatt said:
Yep, comes with the nationals. I'll probably leave them in & fab up a good traction bar & call it good. Tell Gary he's on. I plan to ride this beotch hard & put it up wet. I get goose bumps just thinking about the lack of sheet metal.

Matt

PS

Damn, Matt, this makes me want to build the MJ more than ever. I could keep cutting mine down like Beezil and Paul, but I like it the way it is for most trips and the grandkids are getting older and will be going along before you know it. Oh well, maybe I'll just add a little more to the exo and remove the doors when running the good stuff..... :D

I think you'll be happy with a real good set of leaves. I think mine work very well and I'd never consider going to any sort of coils. Even without the SAW's, with the 9000's set on 4, the ride is very cushy and reasonably stable. With the new Daystar rear bumpstops I can't even feel the back bottoming out....very nice in the rough stuff and at speed. Those BOR's are good quality, but they're just too stiff.

I'm hearing more stories of lack of stability and severe leaning in corners at any kind of speed from guys with coils in the rear. I think leaves can be set up very well, and pretty easily, and are just hard to beat. Lots of leaves and good friction control between the leaves, and more length is good also.

FarmerMatt said:

Matt

PS

You don't need a traction bar with these Nationals.

Richard, I definitely see a new driving style amongst our group on the hammers. I think our old race to the trail is going to extend through the trail & back to camp next season. Start chopen :spin1:
Paul

I guess I better finish the buggy before I show up next time.

Princess II is going to be much too beautiful to subject to rock-racing! :D

CRASH

CRASH said:

CRASH

yeah....right. :rolleyes:

:D

CRASH said:

CRASH

The real question is; Are you EVER going to take the Princess in the dirt or rocks at all? Or are you going to keep coming up with excuses why you can go wheeling?

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
The real question is; Are you EVER going to take the Princess in the dirt or rocks at all? Or are you going to keep coming up with excuses why you can go wheeling?

hinkley

My new excuse is I'm moving to Tex-ass.

CRASH

Back