• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lincon Locker.....DONE RIGHT....

and my jeeps getting a full cage, a fuel cell, seats, harnesses

the 5 gallon pail "fuel cell" was a joke, and only a way to get it to the shop

and the problem with the no start, was the computer..........

but whatever, this thread can be a pissing contest all you guys want....im going wheeling

jackoff1pj.gif

beat.gif

Man, who's is really better? Well. I think mine will out wheel anyones.
lmao.gif

You might get a little more respect around here if you didn't bad mouth paying members and actually joined and supported this club. $30 bucks for one year? Let see, thats just $2.50 dollars a month. Man, for 2 years, its only about $1.88, even cheaper. Thats just my OPINION, like everyone elses.

I welded my 8.25 but decided it wasn't good enough, so now Im saving up for a Detroit Locker, which is better IMHO. Good luck.

!!!1

I find a welded diff the equivalant of using electrical tape to keep your stereo wires spliced together. and duct tape to wrap the bunch of wires.
if you close your eyes and say the title to this thread out loud with a redneck draw it makes more sense... "linkin loker dunn rite"... yup, sounds redneck to me. seriously, its a trick question right? "How do you correctly weld a diff?" Lets ask Joshua...
"Hello Joshua!"
"Hello Dr. Faulkin. the answer is, not to weld a diff in the first place!"
But I digress, just because I don't feel like getting into a debate AGAIN about welding diffs... Ranks up there with asking a gear installer if he preloads the axles... (i'm never gonna let that one go away!)

You got that right !

I have been checking B-days on these less then friendly fellas. I'm thinkin it is hormonal. To much T. A few more years or ass whoopins and they'll calm down. Lifes to short to get so worked up over some one elses choice. Like Ranger said that is their choice not yours.

What do you think old dudes ?

XJ_ranger said:
if you want to make this into a pissing contest -

lets see -

Scrappy's rig -
sss0096sr.jpg

that right there is a vehicle built right - thoes 33's are rollers. There are quality parts on there. note the full cage, proper restraints, and quality components (most of which cant be seen in that shot)
Scrappy is currently serving as an officer in the Sierra Chapter and is working to get runs togehter for "the naxja crew" and is a paying member

tealcherokee's rig -
rearqtrs.jpg

yikes... choped and no cage... stock seats meaning stock restraints with no doors...

to be fair - Teal's is under the knife - but that doesnt explain the 5 galon pail as a "fuel cell" in which the picture is no longer on the server - found the thread that it was in though -
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68881&highlight=dana+44
Tealcherokee is not a paying member and therefore cant be an officer - and while I am not active and do not follow the NAC - id bet that he isnt getting runs together.
here is a thread where he is asking for help, and taking his "know it all attitude" with him...
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60933&highlight=fuel

Scrappy bought a Rubi and that was a good decision for him - you fools all defende the cheap bastard for doing what was right for him, but then rag on someone who is reccomending that you not booty fab your junk - and is reccomending what works for him...

whatever...

I have an aussie waiting to go in the front and a LSD to go in the rear, because for 100 I got both - and they work for me - and dont cause reliability issues in my DD...

tealcherokee said:
sorry, wasnt aware you had to be an "old dude" to have an opinion......
Re-read your posts and see if you actually consider those opinions. Calling people idiots isn't actually an opinion. You will find later in life it doesn't do you or any one around you any good to be so abrasive, and if not well then expect to be doing a lot of wheelin alone. That is my opinion. Which I'm sure you could care less about.:sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: Oh and to leave this on a postive note, I do like your XJ. Good work !

boise49ers said:
Re-read your posts and see if you actually consider those opinions. Calling people idiots isn't actually an opinion. You will find later in life it doesn't do you or any one around you any good to be so abrasive, and if not well then expect to be doing a lot of wheelin alone. That is my opinion. Which I'm sure you could care less about.:sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:

Well said old fart :thumbup:

He never said you had to be an old dude to HAVE an opinion, he was just asking for opinions from old dudes. May be you grew up in a bubble and never learned to play nice with others.....

Listen, i wasnt "angry" with anyone. I am just saying that from MY experience, welded diffs done anyway suck donky dick. No two ways around it. If you want a locked diff. do for the cheap full spool at least!

Here is why i carry the opinion that do it right the first time. I go wheeling. You go wheeling. I dont break. You break. I have to fawking help you get fixed because your ass cant do it right the first time.

Period.

Scrappy said:
. If you want a locked diff. do for the cheap full spool at least!

on the majority of axles with stock shafts a PROPERLY welded 3rd will cause the shafts to break before the welded spider gears do. so what is the point of buying a spool unless you are putting in after market shafts? and anyone welding a 3rd is obviously on a budget so after market shafts are out of the question so basicly what youre saying is anyone with a spool and stock shafts shouldnt be on the trail. is it your trail? i would gladly turn down anyones help on the trail if thier gonna be all pissy about it when im broke

not everyone wheels tight rocky trails like arizona or the hammers, the majority of people do more of a wide variety of wheeling and when youve got a 1500$ vehicle you shouldnt have to spend a fortune to do what you like doing for a locker when welding it WORKS .

first of all you DID come off very opiniated and angry (to more than just me), i know its hard to express emotion on the internet, so im sorry for coming back meanly

second of all, i can GUARENTEE that my welded carrier wont break any sooner than a full spool will (aka, it wont)

to each their own! good day all

why is it alot funnier to read the pirate guys flame someone? yes a welded diff is not optimal. a spool might be better. a locker might also be better. but isnt the point of having a jeep breaking stuff? i mean if you were so worried about breaking stuff then you would stay on the pavement. i wish i had the money for a rubicon. if i did id probably spend it totally different. i have seen alot of people running a d60 with welded spiders running v8's and 36+ tires. it will work for a while. but even with a locker it will eventually break if you pound on it hard enough. a few years back d 60 were indestructible heck even for the guys i go wheeling with. 700hp later with a locker and 39.5 inch boggers my buddy breaks shafts everytime he really gets on it. heck people are now starting to break rockwells. there is really nothing that can be broken.

ttu.or said:
but isnt the point of having a jeep breaking stuff?

I may be one of the few that think this is not what jeeping is about. I am in this discussion, so might as well stay in it now. I do EVERYHTING i possibly can NOT TO break! Those that say its about breaking, must have never really broken. I hate it when I break. It slows the group down, and irritates me because its usually something i knew i ddint do right.

Maybe I just run with a group of guys that have taught me to wheel to NOT break. Givin me many skills that help me NOT to break by being very technical and cautious. I dont understand why welding diffs are even considered an option. How is it cool to be the guy that always breaks? I would rather be a guy like Porch Puppy (sorry andy, I respect you alot and are the perfect example) who wheels the hardest trails anywhere and NEVER breaks or dents his rig!

All I want to say is this. Why start into a race that you can win because you have the skills and talent to do so, but bring the wrong equipment? Its like taking a honda to a baja race. Its just not the smart thing to do.

Matt
your resident fawkup

Back