• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lincoln 180HD mig welder

ct67_72

NAXJA Forum User
I bought this welder not too long ago. I need to rewire to use it and Im selling the house in a year so I dont want to spend the money to wire it right now.
The welder has minimal use and looks like new. 180 amp, 230v.
Comes with everything but a gas bottle and wire. Has gas regulator to go with it also.
I would also trade for 110v welder + cash.
$550
This is the welder
http://www.homedepot.com/buy/tools-...-weld-pak-180-hd-wire-feed-welder-158818.html

I have a lincoln electric century 80gl welder that uses flux core wire and runs off 110V. may be interester in a trade and cash. let me know what your thinking. im in sturbridge ma near the ct border.

The 80 I think will be too small for me. I have to be able to do 3/16-1/4". So I think minimum 100-110 amps.

Why not make or buy a 220v extension cord. Probably expensive, but then you can keep your welder. Dunno how far your dryer is from te garage. My buddy who welds for me has a 220v outlet in his shop but uses an extension to get more range across all 3 bays.

So where in ct are you? Ill go get some pics of mine today. Ill look at my manual to see how many amps it is. I think its rated to 3/16ths. Iv done 1/4 but did 2 passes to be safe. Mine is less than a year old and ive only run 2 spools throught it.

I'm in Meriden. My garage is 40 feet from the house and my dryer is 110 (gas) so I have to add an outlet to my panel and run it out. Selling the house soon so I'm not willing to spend the money right now.
I'm using my buddys flux 110 right now that's 110 amps and its perfect, I really don't want to go any less, gotta do spring perches and such so I don't want to take the chance.
Otherwise that would be perfect, I'm partial to the lincolns.

I have a lincoln sp100 that runs on gas or fluxcore wire. Would be willing to trade and go to you if you want. I've used the supposed 130 amp 110v lincoln welder and it welds exactly the same as mine. New liner, tip and nozzle and already have the regulator. Let me know.

Just a thought.. my portable generator has a 230 plug... would that work with your welder? If it would I might be interested....
You would want to look up your generator and see. I forget the difference but you should only use a welder with a certain type of generator.

I have a lincoln sp100 that runs on gas or fluxcore wire. Would be willing to trade and go to you if you want. I've used the supposed 130 amp 110v lincoln welder and it welds exactly the same as mine. New liner, tip and nozzle and already have the regulator. Let me know.
I would be interested in that. Let me know what your thinking for a trade.

I would be interested in that. Let me know what your thinking for a trade.

I don't have much cash(student) but like I said I can come to you or might be able to offer some other parts in trade to make it worth your while? It's all up to you.

cool. Id be looking for something to do a trade for that. I prefer cash, but you can let me know what you have.

I don't know off the top of my head what you might want. I have an msd 6a, a j10 steering box, also I sometimes have some spare jeep parts lying around. I could have some cash by the weekend.

I dont need much, but you never know. I really need cash more than anything to get my existing projects done. So let me know

Back