• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lil Bros Fab sliders review

dick.breakey

NAXJA Forum User
Theyre in Tukwila so I thought Id give an initial review for the sliders they built for me.

They are tig welded. they come bare steel.

slidersbare.jpg

welds seem to be good.

sliderswelds3.jpg

sliderswelds2.jpg

sliderswelds1.jpg

Overall they seem sturdy. Took a little manipulating to get on right. didnt get all the subframe mounts connected as the top bolt is in a weird place and i dont have a way to get it bolted in. mount to the subframe and the pinch weld. my only complaint is they are not even with the body. the fronts stick out more than the rear. might serve well against tight rocks but overall ascetics are a little off.

sliders1.jpg

sliders2.jpg

sliders3.jpg

in summation, id recommend them. nice guy, local, came with grade 5 hardware, function is probably good too. and a good price. can do the side hoops for a little more. he also does front and rear bumpers. thats it really.

yes they are good. his oldest bro works for boeing with me :)
they are the one that did my side armour. you should think about geting some :)
awesome white 2 door. when we going wheeling?

Are you certain they are tig welded and not mig welded? Any reason why? doesn't make sense to me, particularly for this application. They look like mig to me?

The distance from the frame rail to the body is not the same from the front to the rear of the XJ hense the reason why they don't look right on the jeep. This may not be a big deal to you but it can cause a couple of issues that you might not of thought of; sliding on a root or rock down the length of the jeep and you will get closer to the object as you go down it, not optimal! It can also make it significantly more difficult to transition from the tires to the rails in some situation and then back again when you get to the back wheels (less predictable as you transition past objects on the trail).

I wouldn't be worried about missing the top whole on the frame side mount, if you mount them as high as possible you would never get to that and it shouldn't be important. Getting all of the pinch seam mounts IS important (in fact I would add some additional ones if they were mine.

I love local builds and supporting new local builders. I would recommend he makes the very slight changes to the sliders so that they are even with the Jeep all the way along, it wouldn't take much and they would be a better product.

Michael

The way I got my bolts in was to take my wire feed welder and tack the wire to the end of the bolt then run out some wire cut it about afoot long. Now wither a foot of wire attached to the end of the bolt feed the wire from one of the holes in the frame threw the hole you drilled then pull the bolt threw slide the washers and nut over the wire thread the nut on to the bolt and then break off the wire and tighten with a impact. Some times easer said then done but has saved me more than once.

FWIW, my AJ's rock rails are the same way; they stick out more in the front than the rear. This has never been an issue for me, however, I have step out/kick out bars on mine that give that extra few inches of clearance, something you might think about adding if you're worried about body protection.

Personally I would never run rock rails/replacements w/o the kick out bars. I need 2 hands to count how many times they saved me from trees/roots at Evans on Saturday.

knowing steven they are tig.

Back