• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Light bar idea

TheBlackSheep said:
this is my light bar you can put 4 6" light on it or there its from a Bronco and fits snug it and has hex bolts to prevent stealing. i had 4 light but busted one on a branch . mine was like 40 dollars i got it on ebay check that out.

(thats how you use a roof rack)
kehau_and_jeep_2.jpeg

Does that extra "accessory" come standard with the "rack"? Is it uhh...mounted securely? Sorry....I apologize. Someone hadda say it and I just couldn't resist!!! :twak:

Gojeep said:
I made some to fit inside the front of a deflector I rolled up for a Wilderness rack.
Rack%20096.jpg

Was way to noisy before making it this way and now nice and quiet. The customer wanted a factory look so made it like the KJ ones.

Any chance at a write-up regarding this deflector? What is it made out of? I'd love to try something similar to that out of Lexan.

More pictures at the very least, if you would....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I will add a few build up shots later to the page I made for him but these are the only ones uploaded right now that will help.

has anybody mounted lights strait to the roof? that would make the lights sit lower, i though about it. i think you would have to brace it under the lights between the roof and head liner with some thin steel or something and make sure they are sealed up real good. only down side i can think of is it would be a permanant thing. i think its a good idea or a may be smokin crack...
tell me what you think about the ideah.

GreenbeltXJ said:
has anybody mounted lights strait to the roof? that would make the lights sit lower, i though about it. i think you would have to brace it under the lights between the roof and head liner with some thin steel or something and make sure they are sealed up real good. only down side i can think of is it would be a permanant thing. i think its a good idea or a may be smokin crack...
tell me what you think about the ideah.

You only have to lean on the roof to see how much it flexes. You would have major shake. You also would have to completely seal it and the bolts would be showing through the head lining as well.

i would turn the bolts around so the nut it out side, it wouldn't effect the headliner.

Anyone mounted lights through the hood at all? I saw a wrangler around my school with something like this done, you could mount a couple anywhere on the hood, just find a place that doesnt block view very much... I mean, there are the issues of the light reflecting off the hood and all, but wiring would seem pretty simple and they seem like they would be relatively clear of getting caught up, at least more so than if they were mounted on the roof...

OK, to you guys with the light racks on top - where do you run your wires? I just picked up an extra factory bar so that I can do this, but cannot figure out what the best way to cleanly run the wiring is! Pics greatly appreciated!

what about using a KJ light bar, looks like it should work but I do not have one to play around with. I was thinking that I could mount it back and flush with the factory roof rack.

I ran the wires between the front and back door to the inside of the door seal rubber. Fed it down inside that until I got to below the dash level and then made a new hole on the back of the seal to pull the wire back out. On my site you see the pictures on running the CB cable from the gutter which was done the same way. www.go.jeep-xj.info

Back