• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Kit ordered Wheels and Tires next...

Hawk, you are exactly where I was about 8 months ago. Just installed the RE 4.5, and got some 31's to hold me over until I could re-gear and go with larger tires.

My recommendation, and what worked really well for me was to keep a close eye on Craigfslist for used tires/wheels, and use them until you're ready to re-gear. Then, take the time and research what tires you will want for the long run.

I found a set of 4- 265/75/16 Pro-comp mud terrains on black steelies for a couple hundred $$, with only a few thousand miles on them (but a few cut treads). They have worked great for me... and I could still probably sell the set for at least half what I paid.... now that I am getting ready to re-gear.

Speaking of which, I will likely have a set of 4- 265/75/16 Pro-comp mud terrains for sale in the next month or so... just in case you know anyone who might be in need of some tires! :D

Ask your local tire people and tell them u want MUD KINGS they are a sub company of BFG but there 1/2 the price i think i paid 120 a tire about a year ago and they still gots mad tread left

15x7 unless ur gonna run a big tire like a 35 go with a 15x8

HawkZero said:
Okay...gettting lots of hits on BFG

However...its definitely NOT a DD...got another car for that.

Goodyear MTR's. Not a DD. Also on the lift, would've could've, should've the 5.5 with drop brackets isn't that much more. Did you also account for the SYE and new rear shaft? What rear axle? I ended up sitting on all the parts for my lift until I had it all, then blam, one weekend it got taller. :)

Oh, on the wheels, 15x8 with 4.5" backspace tucks nicely under the stock flares with 12.5 inch wide 33 MTR's.

Best price on tires I've found is discounttiredirect.com not discount tire direct. I have access to a mounting machine, so 4 MTR's with new wheels was just over 900 bucks mounted and on the jeep.

Oh, yeah, shop craigslist. Someone else is going from 31's to 33's or from 33's to 35's and will have something with tread.

markw said:
Goodyear MTR's. Not a DD. Also on the lift, would've could've, should've the 5.5 with drop brackets isn't that much more. Did you also account for the SYE and new rear shaft? What rear axle? I ended up sitting on all the parts for my lift until I had it all, then blam, one weekend it got taller. :)

Oh, on the wheels, 15x8 with 4.5" backspace tucks nicely under the stock flares with 12.5 inch wide 33 MTR's.

Best price on tires I've found is discounttiredirect.com not discount tire direct. I have access to a mounting machine, so 4 MTR's with new wheels was just over 900 bucks mounted and on the jeep.

Oh, yeah, shop craigslist. Someone else is going from 31's to 33's or from 33's to 35's and will have something with tread.

Dropped a big wad. 4.5" Lift, Drop Brackets, SYE, Drive Shaft. Pretty sure all I will need to get to 5.5 is some kind of shackle or bigger spring up front.

Problem I have with CL and For Sale forum is that I have a very very busy schedule just like everybody else and sometimes its just cheaper to buy at retail rather than waiting for the "good deal".

Thanks again from everybody...this has been fun so far.

Back