• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift is done, now I get to fix the DWs...

Had DW before 52-57 mph. It was an out of round tire. Get new tires asap! I had mine balanced 3 times and still had DW! Got to get new tires.

xtremewlr said:
About the only thing I have noticed that seems unusual so far, and it might not be related, is the passenger side coil seems to push out towards the front some, causing it to make contact with the sway bar end link. Doesnt seem to affect the suspension at all, so I am doubtfull it is doing anything bad.

Reading this I said outloud, "This guy must have an R.E. lift...." Sure enough after reading the initial post R.E. it is. If I only had a nickel for every time I have seen this on an R.E. kit. I have had it on all of my R.E. coils. Is really irritating though I must admit. Couple of questions: Do you have the sway bar relocation brackets from R.E.? Where is the coil base(start of the coil) in relation to the front of the perch on the axle?

tnxjjeeper said:
I just put a 4.5 inch lift on my 97. I got DW really bad the second day of driving it and a guy told me that it could be my factory steering stabilizer. He said i should upgrade and that should help out.

There was a huge thread a while back about factory stabilizers being upgraded to fix DW. It doesn't fix the problem, merely hides the real issue. Toe correctness, alignment, good wheels/tires and for me, control arm drop brackets have eliminated all DW.
:)

tnxjjeeper said:
How do you adjust the toe in?
It is very easy to do and I show you how on my site. Also shows you how to adjust your caster which shops dont even bother to do. I also cured someones DW's last week which had new tyres and the right caster etc and it was only the toe in. It was only 5/16" out but it was enough!!

http://go.jeep-xj.info

crjeeper said:
Reading this I said outloud, "This guy must have an R.E. lift...." Sure enough after reading the initial post R.E. it is. If I only had a nickel for every time I have seen this on an R.E. kit. I have had it on all of my R.E. coils. Is really irritating though I must admit. Couple of questions: Do you have the sway bar relocation brackets from R.E.? Where is the coil base(start of the coil) in relation to the front of the perch on the axle?

Sway bar is in the stock location on the frame and I am using extended links that I made myself to connect to the axle.

If I recall, the coil base (on the axle) is at the front of the "cup" that the srinp sits in on the axle. This places the beginning of the coil at the front of the axle, pointing to the middle of the passenger side wheel. Basically, there is an indentation that the spring sits in with a sort of stop in it so the sring wont rotate past that point. I put the end of the coil againts that stop when I bolted it all together.

Back