• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Disaster

ecrogers said:
New trackbar is a good thing to check if you have a clunk.

Of course, trackbar is my solution for anything so...

I agree, clunking while turning is most likely the trackbar or trackbar bracket. Tighten up those bolts, even if its just a tiny bit, and the clunk should go away.

If that doesn't do it, then check all your control arm bolts and shocks as well.

xjj33p3r said:
Yea that's actually not bad for a first night out with a lift. I got deathwobble the first time, vibrations that shook the ash tray, and my shackles popped, and no sway bars either. You've got it easy, but I'm glad that you liked how it came out.

To make sure I am buying the correct parts. How did you get rid of the Console vibrations?

So if my lift gives me 5+". I plan on her settling down to 4.5". Can I run 32's without rubbing? :D

Jason

Looking at the trackbar, I dont like the angle of the bar on the heim joint. It's really XXXXeyed....

I ordered the longer/better clearance slip yoke and a drop kit from Rusty's for overnight delivery. Hopefully that will shore up my concerns on angles and such.

The current drop for the 231 crossmember uses "junk bin engineering." Old longer bolts and hunks of cut off tubing as spacers. Rusty's is a solid bar with drilled holes for the bolts. The 2 studs on mine were removed and replaced with bolts so at least I don't have to go doen that path.

It's also nice to know I don't have to concern myself with breaking frozen bolts loose underneath. Having all new hardware makes the job so much nicer!

btt sorry, I wanted some more input...

Front well shot and side shot. Bumper not on yet!

well.gif

jeep.gif

Last edited:
Hey how about a side shot?

I do feel your pain though, my install of a RE6200 5.5" lift went ok, then to the rear spring hanger bolt :mad:

No missing parts, everything went ok.

TC drop and everything is fine no SYE and no vibes. This is on a 90' though.

Back