• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lets see you home brew bumpers!!

Front or back???

Matt

PS - some searching would turn up some good dirt :wierd:

EDIT: tease:

Matt4.jpg

Its kinda like a bumper:

chop16.jpg

Last edited:
for the rear of my rig, I want to cut out the quarter panels and weld in rear bars that extend from the bumper up to the wheel well. I'll be mounting a jerrycan and 33" spare on the back that will swing away to allow access to the rear cabin.

yotaparts said:
I searched and saw, I was looking for more. :nono: and that JU jab was nasty :tear: if I wanted smart ass remarks I would go to JU
Hey there Yotaparts, glad to see you made it over here

yotaparts said:
I searched and saw, I was looking for more. :nono: and that JU jab was nasty :tear: if I wanted smart ass remarks I would go to JU
Difference between here and JU.....you gotta be able to take some ribbing and sarcasm. Guess they didnt issue you that, oh well, you'll get used to it.

Fergie

Majo said:
beezil sells bumpers ??

nope.

those were prototypes....

seven were made....

estimate revealed a terrible margin, and there were waaayyy too many set-ups that interferred with higher profit REAL jobs....

it was an interesting exercize though.

beezil -
what thickness did you run for the mounting brackets/shakle tabs?
have you had any problems with them bending from an off center pull?

deke

deke said:
beezil -
what thickness did you run for the mounting brackets/shakle tabs?
have you had any problems with them bending from an off center pull?

deke

1/4"

We knew right after laser cutting that those tabs were candyass....we cut them off, and went with hoist rings.

IMHO, those tabs have to be 1/2" or thicker.

those tabs could be bent just spooling in the winch lightly.

they were a joke.

Back