• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let's see those custom auto shifter handles

nicpaige

NAXJA Forum User
I have a few ideas on how to spice up the boring shifter handle on my AW4 but wanted to see what others have done as well. I am currently working on adapting an old dummy grenade to replace the T-handle with. Please post pics of modifications you have made to either the trans case handle or trans shifter. Thanks

Arrt Carr Auto Shifter and Novak transfer case shifter:
2ic0aao.jpg

15wksuw.jpg

I have a few ideas on how to spice up the boring shifter handle on my AW4 but wanted to see what others have done as well. I am currently working on adapting an old dummy grenade to replace the T-handle with. Please post pics of modifications you have made to either the trans case handle or trans shifter. Thanks

Other guys have done this exact mod, and then found when they hit a hard bump, the weight of the grenade is enough to bounce the car into park, no matter how fast they are going. The detents on our shifters just aren't that pronounced.

I'd look for a plastic one to do it with. ;)

seats are not oem. Custom built.
It's an 88.

yeah, they're a little tapered inward near the front to give additional room, but wider in the back for my fat Azz.
I put them in ab out 15 years ago... in retrospect, I would have just gotten something that was better suited for offroading ...

Back