• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

let's play name that noise!

citizenatlarge said:
I've got the very same sounds in the same place... All I have to do is press the TC handle down a bit and the 'crazy elf with club in hand' goes away...
'2WD ONLY'

Thread Hijack Warning ***

I never had this problem before, until I installed my 3" lift and TC drop. Now a couple of times a day, I will have to push down on the TC handle to stop the incessant squeek squeek squeek!

No biggie really, just annoying!

definitely not the cat, but I'm going to have it replaced under the recall- free insurance for later woes....not in the tc either. Sound made in 2 and 4wd. I used a 'stethescope' and pinpointed the sound to the oil pan before I tore into it. Now, my fear going in was a bad bearing, but The oilp pump is telling me it was to blame- got the new one, now just trying to get the pickup tube inserted into the new one!!!
Also doing rear main seal while I'm in there, also going to do the oil filter adapter o rings. Zfigured I'd get all the leaks at once.
Any ideas on the pick up tube insertion? I've tried freezing it for an hour or so....going to try freezing it longer, see if it helps. I'm stuck until I can get that put together.

Speed_racer said:
I had to have schocks, sway bar, and steering stabilizer off, and put a bottle jack b/ween subframe and axle.. to get the pan out.

need more lift then...

did you guys figure out the noise?

i forgot that i had a flex plate crack on me that sounded like bearings and was near the back of the oil pan...noise changed with rpms...

mac 'carries a spare flex plate' gyvr

Back