• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lets Brainstorm

I have in the past and I believe I did it last year posted threads to try and do some pre planning on groups. The trouble we have had is that Harlan is new to a lot of us. Finding leaders was very difficult. This year should be different in the fact that we will have a lot of returning people! I hope!

I have in the past and I believe I did it last year posted threads to try and do some pre planning on groups. The trouble we have had is that Harlan is new to a lot of us. Finding leaders was very difficult. This year should be different in the fact that we will have a lot of returning people! I hope!

You had enough people that were willing to lead but it wasn't organized. There needs to be clear expectations of a trail leader.

i think a group pic is a good idea. i think it should be done at camp before or after trail runs so that everyone is in it. i agree with better trail run designations. after having gone the past two years, i kind of know what trails i want to hit and could use that to base my decision off. maybe have a few "highlight" trails that would be definitely ran per group. example: extreme group - lions den and masons jar. and i think an organized night run to a few lookout points on top the mountain would be cool.

i think a group pic is a good idea. i think it should be done at camp before or after trail runs so that everyone is in it. i agree with better trail run designations. after having gone the past two years, i kind of know what trails i want to hit and could use that to base my decision off. maybe have a few "highlight" trails that would be definitely ran per group. example: extreme group - lions den and masons jar. and i think an organized night run to a few lookout points on top the mountain would be cool.

I wouldn't mind a night run.... It would give me a reason to buy her lights

Seeing as how the group of us coming from Ocala, FL has never been there...we definitely need to have a trail guide!

We are also bringing 4 wheelers and our kids (all 10 and under) dirtbikes and 4 wheelers so if there is anyone else that wants to maybe do a short jeep day and then take the kids out and let them ride their own stuff some too bring your kids rides and let's do it!

Seeing as how the group of us coming from Ocala, FL has never been there...we definitely need to have a trail guide!

We are also bringing 4 wheelers and our kids (all 10 and under) dirtbikes and 4 wheelers so if there is anyone else that wants to maybe do a short jeep day and then take the kids out and let them ride their own stuff some too bring your kids rides and let's do it!

All I'm bringing is moto's and quads. 2 kids 14 & 11. Wife as well. We'll be in the big house. The hill climb out of the campground is on the steep side. Just so rhe kids know.

Last edited:
Food wasn't an issue last year was it?

I remember the pizza place shut down and Ed got something catered. I also remember having to go rescue a broke rig off the mountain and food was slim pickin when we got back before the raffle even started.

Maps provided for the guides was handy the past couple of years.

Back