• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED options for a 99 Cherokee?

IMG_1191.jpg

having bright headlights that blind others doesn't increase your safety. In some places you can actually be pulled over and given a fix-it ticket, or told to return them to stock. Happened to someone I work with.

Get some offroad lights and wire them into your high beams. If an upgraded harness, a good H4 conversion, and offroad lights wired in with the highbeams aren't good enough for you then you need to get your vision checked.

I have IPF H4's, eAutoworks harness, IPF fatboy bulbs, stock foglights, and KCs wired in with my high beams. I've gotten comments from passengers on how bright my headlights are, yet when driving towards my jeep there is no glare. It can be done if you have the intelligence.

Back east a lot of states have vehicle inspections to check for safety features, make sure the vehicle is mechanically sound and safe for the road, etc.

you have a gustapo checking headlight aiming? sounds like commieticut to me...

not necessarily headlight aiming, but improperly installed headlights or lights that are way too bright. Its considered a hazard to other drivers. In CT its the law you have to dim your brights for other drivers. Some people just go to walmart and buy hella 500s that they leave on all the time. Inspections will also catch it.

HAHA bring it on, I've got GREAT full coverage insurance.
WOW those black tail lights at the end of that post are BEAUTIFULLLLL

Bring what on? A head-on collision? Enjoy those results. Insurance will be the last of your worries. HAHA as you put it.
PHP:

having bright headlights that blind others doesn't increase your safety. In some places you can actually be pulled over and given a fix-it ticket, or told to return them to stock. Happened to someone I work with.

Get some offroad lights and wire them into your high beams. If an upgraded harness, a good H4 conversion, and offroad lights wired in with the highbeams aren't good enough for you then you need to get your vision checked.

I have IPF H4's, eAutoworks harness, IPF fatboy bulbs, stock foglights, and KCs wired in with my high beams. I've gotten comments from passengers on how bright my headlights are, yet when driving towards my jeep there is no glare. It can be done if you have the intelligence.

x2 on everything....

I have a similar setup. 90/100w Narva bulbs in Cibie housings. Stock wattage fogs (Hella something or other) and Lightforce aux lights, one beam is pencil, the other is wide/pencil. Custom harness. I have the Lightforces on two switches. One switch will have them come on with he high beams, the other on all the time. I could probably have used a single double pole double throw switch for the Lightforces.

i have a headache from your complete lack of humor, your ignorant of the situation as well.

relax there buddy.

not really sure how i'm ignorant on the fact i didn't realize joking about getting into car wrecks was hillarrious but sorry man, i guess i'll broaden my humor spectrum. are dead babies still funny?

6k is too blue... even for socal. i prefer IPF housings. if you want to get into the hid-in-a-regular-housing debate, go search it out, but frankly the debate is just a little bit 'tarded. it works fine, XXXX the other people they shouldnt be driving cars that sit so low. bmw's annoy the shit outta me, from the factory, why emulate that? i live in the desert, when i need light i turn on the 9" HID lights on the bumper, dont do much mountain road driving.

as far as the LED tailight thing, im pretty sure he means aftermarket wise... go checkout jcr's site.

I agree, 6k is way too blue. I have 5k bulbs in my housings and they are too blue. I am gonna drop to 4500k and see if that does the trick.

Back