• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf spring bolts through the unibody

The only thing I can add to his comment is "buy new bolts." Other than that, it is pure perfection... everything is better when you add fire.

just cut an access hole in the pocket, put a wrench on the nut, and call it a day

Left_Spring_Eye.sized.jpg

I cut an access hole like this to remove the old nut, then welded a new nut to a square steel plate, slid it up in there and welded it in place, then closed up the access hold by welding a plate back over it and grinding it all smooth. Didn't have any further problems for the next six years until I sold it.

Whatever way you go, make sure to put some Nev-R-Seize on the bolt threads when you re-install them. This goes for folks who are able to get the stock ones out fine without fighting the captive nut too. I just used the silver colored Permatex brand. Use it on shock bolts too, any of the captive nut trouble spots that you come across.

Is that 185 each side, or for a pair? I'm guessing it's per side. So where do I get them from? Mine aren't giving me trouble yet but it looks like a worthwhile upgrade just to avoid these problems in the future.

Back