• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA bolt needed in NJ

MjTjNJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
Anyone local (north/central NJ) have one of these bolts lying around? Helped a guy swap out the suspension on his TJ yesterday, and it was pretty crusty. Of course, one of the bolts was seized inside the bushing, and had to be cut. To get his truck together, and out of my driveway, I pulled one off my TJ and gave it to him. I think they're the same on the MJ/TJ lower control arms.

Thanks in advance!

Tom

Your the one asking people for a common bolt. I was just making that more clear to you. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

no its not a common bolt at the hw store...lowers are m14 uppers are m10, I cant get 14's like that at lowes or depot.....

napa has them use a dimple lock nut. i do not believe auto zone or the others carry them but i do know napa does or can have them in a day

dont TJ LCA bolts have that fancy cam adjuster bolt. and if so its definitely not something that can be purchased at any hardware store.

LCA bolt size is M14-2.0x110, grade 10.9

pretty sure i has one if you wanna pay for me to ship it.

I have some new shackle bolts that I bought from dealership and haven't used yet. Found they were cheaper from dealer than they were from Fastenal. Not a bolt you're going to find anywhere but one of those two places. If you can't find a used one close to you check out the dealer, mine were about $9 apiece.

dont TJ LCA bolts have that fancy cam adjuster bolt. and if so its definitely not something that can be purchased at any hardware store.

not to sure you might be right dont have the tj here to look at right now but if so good point.

the front ones (LCA axle side) are cam bolts, but the rear bolts should be just normal bolts

and if you have aftermarket adjustable arms you likely don't need cam bolts anymore

i don't believe he specified

oh good point. TJs are dumb

Wish I could help out, I'm kinda far away though.

If it's a non cam bolt, XJ LCA bolts, XJ leaf eye/shackle bolts, and WJ LCA bolts are the same part (or compatible, all the same exact specs dukie listed.)

And Mach2nh if you're going to tell people to buy "common" bolts maybe you should know what they are first. Don't suggest property class 8.8 or grade 8s, either, grade 8s are the wrong size and 8.8s are 30% weaker than 10.9s.

Back