• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Laser eye

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
I hear tiger say, "the hole is now so much bigger, and I can read the logo on the ball as I putt. I won 3 straight after the surgery" -which he did.

I have been tossing up on getting the thing done. I wear contacts and my strength is -5.75 on each eye. I am pretty much blind without contacts.

So who here has had their eyes operated on. Are you very happy you spent the money.

I can sorta tell when I am in my blinded state, objects do appear smaller when I put my lens in. Are objects 'bigger'

thanks

Lasics in Greensboro I think, thats where he had it done. I don't have any personal experience... I was gifted with a good eye and a spare (insert 300 joke)

LASIK about 18 years ago. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

A bit off track. But I had 20/100, due to cataracts. Had an artificial lens implant & was 20/15 the very next day. Gotta love new eyes.

:greensmok Used contacts for 10 years ;Lasik on one 1989 ... Lasik on 2nd 2002.... and the 1st one still as sharp as 1989. Why wait 13 years for the 2nd one ? ...:shocked: 2 x 1 on contacts :yap: till one tattooed it self to my eyeball.........:confused1

Also, when can you have this done? I am 26 now and my eyes have not changed for 2 years now.

BajaMJ said:
:greensmok Used contacts for 10 years ;Lasik on one 1989 ... Lasik on 2nd 2002.... and the 1st one still as sharp as 1989. Why wait 13 years for the 2nd one ? ...:shocked: 2 x 1 on contacts :yap: till one tattooed it self to my eyeball.........:confused1
What?? Can you elaborate? Did an extended wear contact stick to your eye? I sleep in mine and don't have any problems, throw away every couple weeks ( Acuvue 2)

97XJ Jeeper said:
Also, when can you have this done? I am 26 now and my eyes have not changed for 2 years now.
2 years ago.

97XJ Jeeper said:

did mine for my 23rd B-Day. I love it I now have 20/20 and i can wear sun glasses!!! it only took like 15mins. and I have a lifetime warrenty for around 2k (I got $250 per eye +10% off)

Oh, I thought they recommended you to be a certain age before you have it done. Thanks. I wear contacts now because I can't stand stand clip on sunglasses.

My Doc. said I was ready. I have always hated glasses, because of the blurry peripherals , sports, sun shades, etc. Over 10 years on disposables.

Just scared! I might go one eye at a time :)

The eyes heal very quickly, why not just get both done at once? Less medical bills. Just my .02.

RyanM said:
Just scared! I might go one eye at a time :)
I felt the same way about cataract surgery...

Still, the rewards outweighed my 'fraids and I gave in, found a good Opthomogist and had it taken care of. In the end, it was no big deal.

I guy I used to work with struggled for years as nearsighted and gave Lasic a try. He didn't report any of the problems that people that went though RK did and was very pleased.

Trust me. you will NEVER regret getting perfect vision back again.

Ryan, I work for Advanced Medical Optics. We own VISIX and Intralaze. Visix is the world leader in refractive lazers and the best. I would not consider any doctor that uses any thing else. Intralaze is the company that has the laser device that cuts the flap. You can get a regular knife cut but all lazer is the latest. You want to make sure your doctor does these ever week and owns or has a VISIX in his clinic. Some doctors only do cases ever third wed. and thur. of the month and they bring in rental equipment that gets bounced around. The more and often a doctor does them the better his results. If they tell you you are a candidate for custom lasic then get it. Not everbody can benifit but ussually they are honest and if they say you can benifit from it then definatly get custom. It's basically a better topographical map of your cornia. They then take the advance topography of your eye and give it a much more detailed cut. My expertise is in cateract sugery but I will get it somday and this is what i found. Just make sure you get a visix laser because they are by far not only the worlds leader but the biggest and best in the industry. I gota run but also get a lot of sleep and hydration before they measure your eyes and the day of sugery. Eat heathy as you can also so your eyes are stabil.

My sister had it done about 5 years ago. Did both eyes in one shot, and never had the slightest regret. IIRC, her contacts were out around -5.75 to -6.00 on each side, and now she's got 20/25 uncorrected. She says it's the best money she ever spent. Her doctor let her pay for it in installments (her medical insurance at the time didn't cover it), and she ended up paying it off early.

Recovery was pretty quick - she had it done at about 5:00 on a Friday evening, and drove to work on Monday morning. She did have to use hydrating eyedrops for the better part of a year afterward (healing process seems to dry the eyes out), at first every 20 minutes or so and eventually down to as needed or not at all.

As long as you do a little research to find a reputable place that's done lots and lots of these I don't see why you'd have a problem.

Rob

Back