• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

laser eye surgery

LASIK@Home is committed to bringing clear vision to those less fortunate. We encourage you to donate your old eyeglasses to your local school, Lions Club, or other charity.

oh yea, smart.. just what we should give our kids and old folk. Some old pairs of glasses with perscription lenses without a proper exam.. surely they will need LASIK@HOME after that experience.

This guy should be thrown in jail...... I wonder if the FDA has reviwed this laser device.

This has to be a joke.....

oh yea, smart.. just what we should give our kids and old folk. Some old pairs of glasses with perscription lenses without a proper exam.. surely they will need LASIK@HOME after that experience.

This guy should be thrown in jail...... I wonder if the FDA has reviwed this laser device.

This has to be a joke.....

Surely the terrible mspaint clued you in that this is indeed a joke? :looney:

I wanted to get eye surgery too but I am a huge sissy bitch about someone scrubbing/cutting the surface of my eye. I don't think I could sit there and do it.

One thing to consider when looking at pricing. Is follow up and etc all covered?

KH

At the first place yes you get six visits or six months which ever comes first type thing. So that will be something I will be looking at at the next two places as well because that factors in. Also the eye drops at the first place there is one that I have to pay for and its about 150 for the one bottle so I will also see if that stuff is included as well.

Hmmmm with a steady hand that lasik at home might be a good idea.........Or not! lol but still pretty funny.

Lol there are a lot of people that wont do it because they are afraid of the surgery but first of all you feel nothing and second of all you can do it without the blade and so you wouldnt have to worry about that. Yes its nerve racking a little bit but isnt all surgery?

Okay so for anyone interested and I know there were a few that wanted to know prices once I found out. Dr. Tooma's office in fullerton which is at the nvision center wanted 4600 for the best of the best and they only offer that the do not give you an option to choose anything else. They really had the most comfortable office in my opinion and they said they would work with me on price if it came down to that. I was actually able to watch a surgery there too they had a window that you could watch the surgery in it was really neat. However I went to Dr. Moosa's office which is who kfi am 640 advertises a lot and they had the best equipment ( although not by much) and they also had the best price because they knocked 1000 dollars off their price for me so it came 3950 total and I was also very comfortable with them as well. All in all the second two places I went to were the best and I would recommed them to anyone. If price is not a concern maybe nvision might be the way but the prices really were very similar but I could not pass up 1000 dollars off for a slight difference in office comfort. If anyone has any questions about lasik I would be happy to ask because I have gone through three consultations and I am loaded with info on it lol.

Dr. Moosa is in Brea, off Lambert and 57 FWY correct? I drive by there every day... I'm glad there are good options in the area. My nearsighted condition is progressing, although I don't want to start wearing glasses for reading... a trade-off I was told due to the LASIK correction procedure.

Are you nearsighted or farsighted? ...

To recap, you wrote...

Doctor #1:
*The best machine, intralase... create flap with the laser. $4400
*The best machine, with blade. $3800.
*The older machine, intralase. $3800
*The older machine, with blade. $2900

Doctor #2, Tooma:
*The best machine, intralase... create flap with the laser. $4600

Doctor #3, Moosa:
*The best machine, intralase... create flap with the laser. $4950
*With Discount = $3950

Savings:
Doctor #2 and #3 = $650 (not knowing Tooma's discount)

Great job... I guess I would run a side-by-side comparison regarding the plan and treatment from start to finish. I'd like to know what Tooma's discount would have been.. with assurance there's no reduction in services from both providers. I heard plastic surgeries are 50% of what they were before the economy took a dump. I would assume the same impact for LASIK procedures.

Good luck, report back with your results...

Correct for basically Dr. Tooma and Dr. Moosa (who are two of the best doctors in southern california) are about the same I would assume that I could have had Dr. Tooma's office match the price or maybe beat it because they said that they did not want price to be an issue.

I cannot imagine you would or I will have any different service with the price reduction because I imagine one they want your business and they want you to go tell everyone how good they are and have you go to them as well. I am sure they profit plenty so it is not a concern of theirs.

As for a side by side I did run a comparison. The only difference between the two was that Tooma's office had a lifetime commitment plan and Dr. Moosa did not but since the procedure is supposed to last forever anyways I wasnt extremely worried. The other difference was with Tooma you get a 1 year visit plan and with Moosa you get a 6 Month but Moosa also said that if there were any issues and I wanted to come in they would bring me in in a second and check everything out.

Also I am nearsighted with astigmatisms I have a moderate prescription in my left eye and a mild to moderate in my right eye. If you get the surgery you do not lose your reading vision you are not trading anything off. You will have perfect vision all around the only thing is is as you get older into your 50's maybe 60's you will start to lose your reading vision but that is natural whether you get the surgery or not.

Also on another note if your eyes are still changing you need to wait you do not want your eyes to continue to change because after the surgery you may have your eyes change and go bad again and then it was pointless.

Hope that helps

Yes that does help, thanks.

It's been about 8-10 years since I first inquired about it. Since I'm 54, I already notice my reading vision slowly going south, the only thing I don't want is LASIK to affect my vision at at arms length, I don't want to wear glasses while using my computer.

Correct for basically Dr. Tooma and Dr. Moosa (who are two of the best doctors in southern california) are about the same I would assume that I could have had Dr. Tooma's office match the price or maybe beat it because they said that they did not want price to be an issue.

I cannot imagine you would or I will have any different service with the price reduction because I imagine one they want your business and they want you to go tell everyone how good they are and have you go to them as well. I am sure they profit plenty so it is not a concern of theirs.

As for a side by side I did run a comparison. The only difference between the two was that Tooma's office had a lifetime commitment plan and Dr. Moosa did not but since the procedure is supposed to last forever anyways I wasnt extremely worried. The other difference was with Tooma you get a 1 year visit plan and with Moosa you get a 6 Month but Moosa also said that if there were any issues and I wanted to come in they would bring me in in a second and check everything out.

Also I am nearsighted with astigmatisms I have a moderate prescription in my left eye and a mild to moderate in my right eye. If you get the surgery you do not lose your reading vision you are not trading anything off. You will have perfect vision all around the only thing is is as you get older into your 50's maybe 60's you will start to lose your reading vision but that is natural whether you get the surgery or not.

Also on another note if your eyes are still changing you need to wait you do not want your eyes to continue to change because after the surgery you may have your eyes change and go bad again and then it was pointless.

Hope that helps
I had my eyes done in 2001 at age 31. I have been having changes in my reading vision over the last couple of years and I now cannot read comfortably without glasses. This is partly due to my age and partly due to the natural processes at work. My vision at a distance is still perfect with one exception, I moved my right eye slightly during the procedure and the astigmatism was not completely corrected. Despite this I still have 20/15 vision in both eyes at anything more than about 10" from my face. Despite the thing with my right eye (really not an issue for me) I would do this again and would be happy to pay current prices (I got mine done far cheaper than current prices). If you are a wuss about pain it might be something to consider for you as the recovery is painful for up to 3 weeks. Still it was very worth it for me.

Hey jeeperjohn you would be happy to know that the new machines that they use, the custom wavefront is what its called, will track your eye so if you move your eye a bit it will actually track it and adjust accordingly. Also yes the reading vision is just a part of getting older they told me so I can expect that with or without the lasik procedure. and who knows by the time that starts to happen to me there may be a procedure to fix that.

Oh and the pain is something they talked about as being basically non existant they said I might feel and itchy sensation for a few hours maybe a day at the most.

Hey jeeperjohn you would be happy to know that the new machines that they use, the custom wavefront is what its called, will track your eye so if you move your eye a bit it will actually track it and adjust accordingly. Also yes the reading vision is just a part of getting older they told me so I can expect that with or without the lasik procedure. and who knows by the time that starts to happen to me there may be a procedure to fix that.

Oh and the pain is something they talked about as being basically non existant they said I might feel and itchy sensation for a few hours maybe a day at the most.
Yeah, they used a blade to cut the flap on my eyes, I figure that is why I had pain.

That's kinda strange John. They used a blade to cut the flaps on my eyes too and I had absolutely zero pain.

When I had my surgery, the doctor did a procedure called monovision. My right (dominant) eye was corrected for distance. My left eye was corrected for reading. So my vision adjusts whatever I'm looking at, off in the distance or very close.

Sixteen years later, my distance vision is still 20/20 and I don't need reading glasses. However, I do have a problem seeing in the mid-range, like the menu behind the counter at a fast food place. I just deal with it, although I do have the option of getting an enhancement performed

They prescribed meds? Wow times have changed alot! I am glad I am not old like you john! LOL Just kidding happy birthday. Go get yourself an OLD GUYS RULE! shirt haha

Back