• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Land use info?

The Box

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I'm doing a project for school and am looking for info on land use, closures, and such. I have found lots of stuff about tellico and places out west but most of it seems to be status updates or the usage conditions.

I've been looking on sites like Blue Ribbon Coalition which are good, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any informative sites off hand. I am looking for specific reasons or argumentative points more than I am actual closure statuses.

I have to give a 10 min speech friday, generally informing my audience about the subject then arguing my opinion by siting specific concerns of both sides and proving my side (our side) to be more "right". :lecture:

The general thesis topic is why we should be allowed access to land for recreational use. Specifics are not determined yet, I'm not sure if I will limit it to OHV or recreational usage in general.

I appreciate the help guys!!

hop on pirate they have an entire land use section you can usually find links to official documents about tellico and johnson valley, las cruces maybe.... theyre really good about updating the links to official documents.... i too did a similar 7 minute speech focused on tellico and found a lot of stuff through sfwda and was lucky to find a few research studies through academic databases... both sources dealt with certain parties positions or had information relevant to an argumentative position

Thanks Doug, I didn't even think of pirate. Found a few good ones on 4x4wire and publicland.org, but most of the stuff I'm finding are just updates.

Another good call, thanks bigapha. Pirate turned out to be a gold mine but still looking for the official crap. I feel as though google scholar could be the missing link. Thanks again!

Back