• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Land use coordinator.

Mnkyboy

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
We have not been as active as we should be with land matters and have had projects slip through the cracks, the current BOD has decided to create a land use coordinator position to keep us on track with our land use projects.

Aaron "AwesomeXJ" Barnes will be filling that spot for us,in the past he has been involved in these projects and we feel he will do a great job for the chapter, he will also continue helping out with our chapters social media presence.

Lets all do what we can to help Aaron with our various projects,I'm sure he is going to be planning some stuff.

Does your chapter own a few trails, or do you just maintain certain areas of government land that the chapter has adopted?

Is there a map or list i could look at? Not familiar with the whole chapter area yet, but I am going to get in helping out as soon as we get settled in.

Currently we have an adopted trail in the Tillamook state forest,we also have helped out with other trail systems in the area.
Most of our membership is based around Portland Oregon,we have a few fairly new trail systems around this area which will require lots of work.

Currently I don't think we have anything going on in the area your moving to but there's no reason we couldn't if there was enough interest.

That is to bad, I am spoiled in the MWC we have lots of members and lots of support. But we also have lots of scheduled events through out the year with really great turnout in my opinion.

From where we are moving the Gresham area and Portland is an 8 hour drive. Maybe once a year we make that drive. More localized events is what brings people in i think. Once i get to the area ill see if i can find some locals. We will be putting in lots of miles and trip looking for property to live, also places to wheel.

I'm going to try to put together a meet and great in the area once we are settled. I've seen rigs out before when we have been around.

Appreciate it. Ill be continue cruising around the chapter. Planning on making an appearance at NWFest for sure to meet some of you guys timing should be good for us.

I looked back on previous years, it looks great. And I saw some kids so thats nice also, my family goes on most every trip. Im sure they are good guys most on here area. Here distance is in miles, there distance is in time. learning curve I had to catch up on at first.

I have one guy from the area that has a full size rig, not much in the way of internet or forums but Ive know and wheeled with him for 15 years. I'm sure I can get him interested and put together a group in the area. I will report back, when I find some good wheeling areas worth the drive.

Back