• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KOH 10'

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Alright KOH is a few weeks away, so who's been checking out the latest KOH buildups and updates?

Personally I've been watching the latest Trent Fab buggy build up.
attachment.php

I also thought the race-a-thon for the 4405 car was a cool idea. People have been pledging donations to land use organizations for each mile the 4405 (MFS/Land Use buggy) completed. I think they're currently around $33K if the 4405 finishes first. :cool:

Also, how many of you suckers do I have to watch out for on the live feed?

I really have not been following any of these buggies to be honest. They are just so far out of reality for most of us anymore that it seems kinda rediculous.

However. I have to say (without seeing any other photos) that is one of the nices cages I have seen on a buggy ever!! (center photo)
Michael

Last edited:
I really have not been following any of these buggies to be honest. They are just so far out of reality for most of us anymore that it seems kinda rediculous.
While it's true that there has been a metric shit ton of money being infused recently, there are a lot of garage built rigs running in both Last Chance Qualifier and the Main event. Every year an F-toy (leaf sprung F/R) has finished in the top ten. Master-Pull is sponsoring a team from Kirkland, a couple normal guys who built thier buggy in their garage. Their other sponsors are CrabBroker.com, ARB, RedHook Brewery and Fremont Brewery...good local NW team.

Point is, there is still a place for the under dog and creative fabricators.

-----Matt-----

While it's true that there has been a metric shit ton of money being infused recently, there are a lot of garage built rigs running in both Last Chance Qualifier and the Main event. Every year an F-toy (leaf sprung F/R) has finished in the top ten. Master-Pull is sponsoring a team from Kirkland, a couple normal guys who built thier buggy in their garage. Their other sponsors are CrabBroker.com, ARB, RedHook Brewery and Fremont Brewery...good local NW team.

Point is, there is still a place for the under dog and creative fabricators.

-----Matt-----

I am aware of that, and agree. I guess what frustrates me is ALL of the attention that goes to the money rig's (not that they aren't really cool and deserve attention on their own) and not to the "other" guys who have capabable, reliable home built rigs.

I still think that I would have prefered KOH the first year more than I would now.

Michael

It's always that way, Michael. Those of you that have been reading Four Wheeler and their Top Truck Challenge over the years remember when back in the early-mid nineties that CJs on 33"s won the first couple of years. Now it's pretty much truggies on 44"s minimum. The bar gets raised every year in these kinds of things, which is good for the sport. It all trickles down to the average wheeler. Back around the same time 31"s were the norm on most trails, with 33"s becoming more popular and the really built guys on 35"s. Now 35"s are mostly the norm, with 38"s being pretty common on the trail.

The bar gets raised every year in these kinds of things, which is good for the sport. It all trickles down to the average wheeler.
x2

To me it's like complaining that you can't drive an F1 car to the race track anymore. On the other hand, you can buy a street car with a lot of F1 derived technology.

-----Matt-----

x2

To me it's like complaining that you can't drive an F1 car to the race track anymore. On the other hand, you can buy a street car with a lot of F1 derived technology.

-----Matt-----

I hate that.. thats why I only watch NASCAR.
:gee:

Back