• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KM2 backorder?

Yeah, and what about the road hazard warranty on the tires I already have?

If I should split a sidewall, are they going to tell me "Sorry, come back in September?"

Are they going to give me an AT instead? Or a Goodyear? Or a cheapass Dunlop?

I wouldn't call any of those to be acceptable substitutes, or acceptable customer service.

I bought the tires with a written warranty that if they were damaged beyond repair, I would be given a replacement. Sounds to me like they are unable and/or unwilling to honor that agreement.

I know that schit happens, and production gets buggered.

But six months? We hit a snag in production at work, they want it fixed in six minutes, and start screaming after six hours. Heads would roll if it took six days.

Six months? I just can't imagine...

Robert

Yeah, and what about the road hazard warranty on the tires I already have?

If I should split a sidewall, are they going to tell me "Sorry, come back in September?"

Are they going to give me an AT instead? Or a Goodyear? Or a cheapass Dunlop?

I wouldn't call any of those to be acceptable substitutes, or acceptable customer service.

I bought the tires with a written warranty that if they were damaged beyond repair, I would be given a replacement. Sounds to me like they are unable and/or unwilling to honor that agreement.

Robert
X2 it's got me a little worried 2. Plus I don't want a tire that doesn't match the rest If I should need one replaced.
I buy BFG's cause they are supposed to be a reputable company and one of the best tires out there.

X2 it's got me a little worried 2. Plus I don't want a tire that doesn't match the rest If I should need one replaced.
I buy BFG's cause they are supposed to be a reputable company and one of the best tires out there.

I saw a review around somewhere, that had an 800 number for BFG's customer relations rep.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say, before I get too worked up about it.

But if they tell me to take a hike, I'll be sure to report back here.

(And probably tell it to anybody who'll listen...)

Robert

post up here whatever they tell ya and If its not to much trouble PM me that number. TIA

When you get them on the phone, ask them about shifting KM2 and Baja TA production to a new shop that doesn't know how to hand-build the tire like the old factory did........resulting in delamination issues, hence the backorder.

oh is that what happened? thats kind of scary

When you get them on the phone, ask them about shifting KM2 and Baja TA production to a new shop that doesn't know how to hand-build the tire like the old factory did........resulting in delamination issues, hence the backorder.

The new shop overseas?

Well I called this afternoon.

The woman I talked to said the 35" KM2's are currently in production, that there is a three week backorder, but that they're cranking them out as fast as they can.

I guess I'll have to take her word for it, and if the day comes when I need a new one, I'll find out for sure.

If anyone else would like to try, I called: 877-788-8899, and the menu tree is 1-6-0 to get an operator.

Robert

Well I called this afternoon.

The woman I talked to said the 35" KM2's are currently in production, that there is a three week backorder, but that they're cranking them out as fast as they can.

I guess I'll have to take her word for it, and if the day comes when I need a new one, I'll find out for sure.

If anyone else would like to try, I called: 877-788-8899, and the menu tree is 1-6-0 to get an operator.

Robert

Any word on 33s?

Any word on 33s?

I specifically asked about 35's, because that's what Nick's guy said was the worst.

Before I hung up, I asked about other sizes, and she said that as far as she knew, everything was still being produced. She offered to look them up one by one, but it took long enough to do the 35's that I didn't want to spend all day on the phone.

But feel free! :D

Robert

I specifically asked about 35's, because that's what Nick's guy said was the worst.

Before I hung up, I asked about other sizes, and she said that as far as she knew, everything was still being produced. She offered to look them up one by one, but it took long enough to do the 35's that I didn't want to spend all day on the phone.

But feel free! :D

Robert
Thank you for calling. That is strange, I will have to call up my guy again and see what the heck he read. I will be buying my KM2s this weekend if they can order them in for me.

Thank you for calling. That is strange, I will have to call up my guy again and see what the heck he read. I will be buying my KM2s this weekend if they can order them in for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling your guy a liar.

The customer service rep may have been feeding me a line. "Oh no, all is fine at the KM2 factory! No worries here! Don't look behind that curtain..."

But I couldn't call her on it, because I don't really want to buy any. I just want to know that they are available if I should need one.

If you are looking to buy, you can lean on them a little harder.

Be sure to let us know what happens!

Thanks.

Robert

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling your guy a liar.

The customer service rep may have been feeding me a line. "Oh no, all is fine at the KM2 factory! No worries here! Don't look behind that curtain..."

But I couldn't call her on it, because I don't really want to buy any. I just want to know that they are available if I should need one.

If you are looking to buy, you can lean on them a little harder.

Be sure to let us know what happens!

Thanks.

Robert
Well I will find out Saturday when I walk to them with $700 and place it on the counter and tell them I want my tires.

I just placed order on my km2's (35's), I will have them on friday. With kevler side walls.

Tire rack. In NV.

Back