• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

kinda scared it might fall appart....

nestore

NAXJA Forum User
so my jeep feels weird now after the lift install. i know that its a rough country and all those reviews about them but dam...it feels like its about to fall apart when i hit the dirt. the back end kinda feels all floaty and the front feels the same. floaty as in.... it feels like the axle is going to fall off the jeep. the steering wheel too jumps off my hands when i go trough a bumpy road. hard to handle. any thoughts? :anon:

does it feel floaty like the center of gravity has changed or floaty like "ahhhhh im gonna flip"?

Do you have disconnects or extended links for the sway bar? Probably wouldn't feel like you're saying but an idea...

nestore, if you want to head up my way (near arcadia) one evening I can take your jeep for a drive and see if it feels like something is wrong?

I'll let you take my somewhat solid jeep around the block a couple of times for comparison, if you need.

-C

nestore, if you want to head up my way (near arcadia) one evening I can take your jeep for a drive and see if it feels like something is wrong?

I'll let you take my somewhat solid jeep around the block a couple of times for comparison, if you need.

-C

COOL, hows tomorrow? i dont work tomorrow (i think). would that be fine?

-C

you know what.... i think that im off early today... about 5 ish...

Did you get it re-aligned afterwards? It could be that your steering geometry is a little off especially if you are still on stock steering components. I have the RC kit, and mine has felt nice and tight since day one. Are you sure you aren't having what they call "death wobble"? This can be caused by improper steering geometry, or loose/worn out components, but alot of times it only becomes noticeable after a lift, and bigger tires.

How much is the life time alignment? That can come in real handy.

Back