• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KC Meet 'n' Greet in March/Apr

4wdParakeet

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if you guys would be interested in getting another meet and greet going for sometime in the march or april. I couldn't make the last meet and greet so I didn't get to wheel with you guys. I was thinking maybe hitting up KS Rocks for a weekend trip. I will be working the park on the last weekend of March so camping will be avalible. (camping at KS Rocks is by appt because some of the guys don't stay on site overnights).

I was thinking maybe we meet up on a Sat morning and wheeling all day Sat. and then Sat night we go into Ft Scott for :cheers: and grub somewhere in town. Then if you guys want come back to the park camp Sat night and then wheeling some more Sunday. If I'm working the park I wont get to wheel a whole lot but I could get some in. I know most won't care but KS Rocks doesn't allow :cheers: on the property so that may turn some off. If that matters there is another place to camp right down the road with nicer ammenitys than the park. Showers etc. I think the owners give Ks Rocks patrons discounts (but don't quote me on that)

I figure if we set the date in that timeframe we won't be extremly cold or extremly hot. Just thought I would throw this out there.

Let me know what you guys think.

Parakeet

I'd be up for that, we would just have to figure out a date and make sure that it does not interfere with me getting my crops planted. I am not much of a camper, but would be up for coming down and wheeling for the day etc.

Actually there is a bed and breakfast in Ft Scott you could take the misses to that way you could wheel sunday too. If your interested start throwing out dates that would work for you.

Parakeet

My vote would be Tutle over KS Rocks. But I think its a little farther from KC but its better wheelen I think. I would drive to KC and visit. But dont know about trailering the Jeep.

my dates will be hard to hammer down depending on the weather and when I can get in the field. I am good with either location, it is the same drive either place for me.

hey Josh, you up for Winterfest still???

I was thinking KS Rocks since alot of people have been to Tuttle. And I was thinking that the last m&G was there so we could change things up. And to be honest I don't know if I could do Tuttle in March/April. I'm on a very tight wheeling budget and it would be later in the summer for Tuttle. Besides whats another 2 hours in a truck.

Parakeet

I am really wanting to meet some of the midwest chapter guys. I am at the bottom of the chapter and have never done anything with anybody on here. I can definitely do KRRP in april. I am going to the O'reilly Rockstomp at D-Day at the end march.

I would be up for tuttle over KSRocks just do to the fact that I dought I have my hydro assist done by then and the tight trails of KS all I will do all day is make 50 pt turns. But I am sure I will come either way. If I don't break something between now and then.

I would like to hit up KS Rocks just b/c I have not wheeled it before, but I do always have a great time at Tuttle :thumbup:

Just looking at my schedule this weekend and I noticed that I have 2 weekends in a row that I have to be at KS Rocks in March. I think that I may be able to swing Tuttle if it's at the end of April. What does everybody think about Apr. 18-19th or 25-26th. If I do tuttle it will probally be a Sat thing.

I really don't want to start a Ks Rocks vs Tuttle debate. I want to go to tuttle but since I don't trailer my XJ it take balls for me to drive it 3 hours away. But once the weather warms up a bit it should run better.

Okay let me know what you guys think. If the majority want's to go to tuttle then somebody else will have to help plan it. I don't know the area or places around. I said KS Rocks for 2 basic reasons. 1: Not everybody has been there 2: I have some connections in that area so I can be more involved in the planning.

The last M&G I went too was the non wheeling one at Red Robin. There were so many nice rigs and not getting to see them in action sucked.

I really don't want to make this a difficult thing to get done I just would like to be able to put names with faces.

Parakeet

I am game for what ever, but like I stated in an earlier post, it all depends on the weather for me and if I am in the field. As much as I love wheelin', I still gotta get my crops in the ground. I will keep an eye on this thread and see where it goes as far as planning and if it works out that I am not in the field that weekend I will show up one place or another.

When it comes down to it I am game for anything and the ability to camp would be fun. I just home that I either have my hydro done by then or I havn't broken anything else that might limit me from coming. But you started the ball rolling so go ahead and make the date and plans and the sheep will follow!!!!!

okay well before we get a place lets get a date locked down if you can. my vote is the two weeks i mentioned earlier. Would those work everybody or did you have something in mind?

And just so everybody knows KS Rocks has primitive camping. We have no showers, electricity, etc. Just a fire ring. And also I may be able to work it that we could do a night run at KS Rocks. We have some park sponsored night runs but I don't know if a club wanted to do one how it would work. Let me check on the moon either one of those weekends if it's close to full then that's an option.

Just throwing out some ideas

Parakeet

Last edited:
i would be up for something around then. prob just a day trip for me though. never been to either park so that really would not matter.

Alright guys I realize I can't make everybody happy at once so I'm going to set a date and place and if it doesn't work for the majority then we can adjust accordingly.

April 25-26th. Ks Rocks Park

Price is $10 per day to wheel
$5 to camp sat night.

There is a place up the road a few miles up the road we could go for lunch. There are grills at the shelters so you could grill if you want.

Do you think I should start a seperate thread now that there is a date that way some don't have to weed through this?

Parakeet

Alright guys I realize I can't make everybody happy at once so I'm going to set a date and place and if it doesn't work for the majority then we can adjust accordingly.

April 25-26th. Ks Rocks Park

Price is $10 per day to wheel
$5 to camp sat night.

There is a place up the road a few miles up the road we could go for lunch. There are grills at the shelters so you could grill if you want.

Do you think I should start a seperate thread now that there is a date that way some don't have to weed through this?

Parakeet

I will try to make it :) I wouldn't make a new post, just edit the first post in this thread with the updated info.

John

Hey John, are you a member over on KCjeepclub? Your user name looks familiar.

Back