• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KC Area Meet & Greet

I am going to have another XJ enthusiest with me, but we def dont trust his XJ to make the 3 hour trip. It leaks so much oil that he does not ever have to change it, he just keeps on putting fresh oil in the top!! So with that being said, there wil be 2 of us rollin down in my DD. And always remember..it is not what you know, but who you know....and make sure they have a good looking girlfriend!! HAHAHA!!

KSXJ said:
sweet, I may have you take some tires to meet with someone with. It that would work for you?

Shit, just saw your post.

Yeah, no big deal to me, just give me a call later.

-Andrew

No wifey this trip...she is going shopping in Columbia. I will have one of my wheelin buddies with me though, and he has curley sandy blond hair if that will do for ya!! :laugh: HAHAHA!!

I would be bringing my wife, but she already had prior shopping plans, and having her cancel that would be like tring to delay an execution! Bring your lady with ya, the women need to see that this is truely a family sport. My wife and my 10 month old son with me on many of our runs...but sometimes I just have to take into consideration my son when making attempts at hard obsticles...momma gets out and holds him while daddy jackasses his way to the next repair!!:doh:

Hey Fubar, glad to see that your in RED now! congrats and welcome aboard. Only the guys in red get the top secret stuff...shhhh...it is top secret!

I suppose I'm going to have to go ahead and lift and regear the XJ and mount up some tires now. My scout is never going to be finished now. Stupid Jeep thing... :laugh3:

How did the meet and greet go? Anybody show up?

When's the next one? I'm tired of working on this thing and ready to go wheel it, but wheeling by yourself isn't much fun. :tear:

It was a good time. We had 6 rigs show up. We went to Applebee's to grab a bite of food and tip back a few cold ones, and then it was 3 hours back home for me. It is always fun to put a name and face together after web wheeling with people. We need to plan another get together one of these days. We tossed around the idea of a run to "The Farm Offroad Park" in Kirksville, MO one of these weekends. We will have to work on seeing what we can get to materialize out of that idea. I am going there this Sunday and I will see what details I can get worked out.

Hopefully I'll be able to make the next one. I'm up for some wheeling in my stock XJ, it just might be the motivation I need to get my other rig back up and running. It's hard to work on the damn thing when I haven't driven it in 6 months or wheeled it in 3 years.

We did fly over a couple times on saturday shuttleing people back and forth to Leavenworth, but I didn't see a big group of XJ's. :us:

only got a picture of 5 of them, since Joe's wife took his jeep home.

normal_07142007%28001%29.jpg

It was a good time...nice to meet some fellow XJ owners with a similar addiction! Can't wait to get out on the trails with you all sometime. There is a plan to go to Tuttle at the end of July and wheel the 28th.

Blake, that picture would make a great scene from that cell phone commercial with the bars (smallest to largest)!

Hey John or Blake, if one of you guys would get me some info on the July 28th run at KS Rocks, I am gonna try really hard to make it. The wife even wants to go this trip, so it should be a go. The 8.8 is done, just needs installed and brake lines ran. If worse comes to worse I will run my locked 8.25. Keep me posted...and lets see some pics of those 36's!! Oh yeah, cool pic on the homepage of KCJeepers..it was Blakes rig all flexed out...or "yawning" as I like to call it!

Back