• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jv report!!!!!!!!! nov. 15-17

I was pretty psyched at the raffle when the guy who won the Almonds is ALLERGIC to almonds!! that's a great first-time JV run story.....can't say he didn't win anything.

I had an awesome time and didn't even get to take my rig on the runs. My brother and I just drove to the trailhead and watched the crazies do the crazy stuff. Learned a lot, had a great time. Hope I'll be locked up and can enjoy some runs next year. Thanks y'all.

blackdoutxj said:
hey does anyone know how long this JV trip is?!
...over

had a great time as usual. thanks to avery for leading sledge and the help i got from scrappy too. i will post up "saturday sledge hammer" as soon as i get the pictures sorted. my camera sure took some blurry shots. i hope it was just in the wrong mode. anyway. other thatn almost losing my crossmember/atlas when 3 bolts fell out just past the sldge mail box, i only bent a tre and probly my drag link. suprisingly just a few scratches no new dents from the trail. thanks also to richard and ron for organizing the event. hopefully we got a new record for monies rasied for the friends of the panimant.

Guys, had a great time. Sustained minimal damage, crushed passanger side rocker panel, and sprung the rear pasanger side leaf spring. We met alot of new people and made many more great friends. Thanks to shelbyluv and his family for the hospitality (even though the dragon wagon had to be winched off the beer can) lol, and dzraces for the insight on getting my rig ready to go. We had a blast. Now the list of mods and upgrades need to be purchased and installed for the next trip.

Thanks everyone for a great time!!!!

A beautiful morning on Saturday for a little wheeling.
johsonvalley016.jpg

The easy trail group heads out
johsonvalley023.jpg

Found a mine along the way.
johsonvalley041.jpg

Heading up to the top of Clawhammer
johsonvalley052.jpg

Both Boatwrench and I had a blast. Thanks to all who organized the event. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones too.

Mary

well I have to say it was much easier on my junk then I thought, but then again, I only ran Claw, but it was three times. Two at night and one in the day.

First run ever for me in JV in my own rig was fri night and followed a few others up Claw. I anticipated bigger bolders, but glad there was only what was there.

Then Sat afternoon me and Ben figured F'it follow others up wrecking ball. Well after waiting at the enterance for a few and watching what was happening to the other rigs at just the begining we were a bit questionable as well as his wife telling us lets pick another. Then there was a group of Very well built CJ's and a scout and a YJ all on 37's up to 40's and all on 60 or 9's it looked. Well they were just watching close to us and we heard them back down and say they were going to run claw, me and ben figured lets see about following them. That was a experience watching the Much bigger rigs need a winch about 4-6 times and taking freakin forever for 4 to go though.

all the while no real damage to my rig except a Large full door crease on the pass front.

Then my buddy in his well equip. TJ showed up sat at around 3. He has never been to JV at all. We didnt want to kill em on his first run there so sat night after raffle we took him back up Claw with ben and some other from here (bad with names). Well we f'ed the TJ up really.. He kept needing the winch (4 times) I think due to wheelbase, as it is very similer in drivetrain as all the other rigs he was with and following same lines.

In any case half way up he got it kinda pined and at one point it Banged good and he let it down and tryed again and Bang. Well after picking another line all was good. We finished up with both his rear fender flares breoken off about a foot up.

On the way out I was trailered out and the TJ drove with a smaller 4'x4' trailer. At yucca valley (first turn after hitting the road) it was found that the rear Electrac locker in the D44 in the TJ was not happy. After trail repair time in the carrows parking lot, we found that the tracloc inners (the electrac is basically a tracloc with a elect actuator that locks) well the gears must have sheared some. Metal everywhere in the diff.

I pilled mine off and we pulled the TJ on the trailer and I towed his little trailer being my XJ all the way home to yl..

Great time for sure. Have to Say that Ben is fully a great Tard to hang with. Not to mention his wife is one hell of a trooper and good people also. And the Dog, well thier dog is a suicidal bad ass......

well, attempt to post up the pics!
after re-attaching my crossmember, thanks ron adkins for the bolt, everything behaved normaly. sledge hammer was a blast. though i did bend a tre and probly the drag link. the big daddy offraod tie rod seems perfectly straight still.... won't know untill i get it off there to see if it bent too. thanks again to all who made this trip happen! great wheeling with the group, even if there was an over abundance of non-xj's with us. at least they was all jeeps!!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=197in0g1.3funhzv1&x=0&y=7dsz13

Thanks to everyone who came out, and to all those who led trails, cooked, donated to the raffle, and bought raffle tickets. We know how to do it in SoCal, don't we. :D

I posted up a report in the Non-tech forum so everyone can read about the good time we had. I didn't use my camera this weekend, so please post up some pics and comments over there.

BTW, Cliff and I finished Resolution on Sunday, but not without trouble. I busted the straps on the front u-joint close to the bottom (that front suspension has to go), then further up broke the track bar. After thinking we were totally screwed and would have to walk back to camp to figure out a fix, I found a tie down strap in my bag. We used the strap to hold the axle in one direction and the winch line to hold it in the other direction and I drove out slowly. The only really dicey part was when Cliff had to drive around me in the tight section before a big waterfall so he could turn around and winch me up, since my winch was being used to hold the axle. He drove up the side of the wall on one side and over my tires on the other side, leaving a crease in his body from my cage.......tight!! But, we made it and it was definitely an interesting run.

I had a good time and laughed my ass off on more than a few instances

The easy run took a harder detour after lunch that was much apreciated. I met some new people, hung with some old, and drank a few really good beers (thanks Rawbrown) I enjoyed helping Erik learn more about wheeling his heep and he made me look good at every obsticle :) next trip Ill have my YJ and I hope to get into some of the fun stuff.....

mikeyl said:
well, attempt to post up the pics!
after re-attaching my crossmember, thanks ron adkins for the bolt, everything behaved normaly. sledge hammer was a blast. though i did bend a tre and probly the drag link. the big daddy offraod tie rod seems perfectly straight still.... won't know untill i get it off there to see if it bent too. thanks again to all who made this trip happen! great wheeling with the group, even if there was an over abundance of non-xj's with us. at least they was all jeeps!!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=197in0g1.3funhzv1&x=0&y=7dsz13

Thanks for the great pics Mike!

well i said id post more when i was out there but i lied.......

its hard to be a web wheeler when there is actual wheeling to do.

i had a BLAST!

met some amazing people and had some amazing times.

ROBERTK who you calling tard.....IIRC youve been quotes in the trardwars06 thread :D :D :D :D jk man! On a serious tip, roberts an awesome guy and a blast to hang out with and even though he destroyed my tailights, won metal tailight boxes, and caused my whole electrical system to take a crap, we still love him :D

he did bring along some good trail help, i mean for a bronco guy.

i ran clawhammer.......too many times to count, and now i can run it blind folded but it was fun. I ate a rear driveshaft after i tried to hump a rock the size of my jeep (pics to follow.)

Sunday we ran aftershock, which was a great time. no breakage except for opies bumper welds and a few lights.

oh ya and i think the new trail spare item to carry is a battery tray. what a major PITA to deal with.

oh and Bo, shelybyluv RULES! as usual he saved the day on a number of occasions and was there to offer help whenever possible. If you can, get a chance to know this guy he would give you the shirt off his back, even though it was marine corps issue.......:D :D :D :D

To all the people i met and talked with, you guys were awesome! i met so many people id be afraid to start naming them off cause i wouldnt want to leave one out.

oh im a weight weenie now.

fish1976 said:
Tish, Alabama and I had a blast out there. I learned a lot of new things. Up coming projects! I do have to get my exhaust re routed though. If you heard me grind quite a bit that was it. I was glad to meet every one and will be back again. Here are some quick pic's off of the easy run with the roll over. http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=8ipb26sj.3892sbj7&Uy=wwvss3&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=379133495362_344875037107

:cheers:
Ha ha, you caught me putting my burrito in the oven!

burrito.jpg

xDUMPTRUCKx said:
ROBERTK who you calling tard.....IIRC youve been quotes in the trardwars06 thread :D :D :D :D jk man! On a serious tip, roberts an awesome guy and a blast to hang out with and even though he destroyed my tailights, won metal tailight boxes, and caused my whole electrical system to take a crap, we still love him :D

he did bring along some good trail help, i mean for a bronco guy.

Well you sure it wasnt the multiple hits to the side / rockers from the rear bunper/anchor or the heavy push from the side, that did it? I mean all I did was brace for when you throttled it to come back and ram me. Or thats how I recall it happened..

When your abused lab rat of a dog gets tired of you, let me know.. I will give it a caring home :wave:

ROBERTK said:
Well you sure it wasnt the multiple hits to the side / rockers from the rear bunper/anchor or the heavy push from the side, that did it? I mean all I did was brace for when you throttled it to come back and ram me. Or thats how I recall it happened..

When your abused lab rat of a dog gets tired of you, let me know.. I will give it a caring home :wave:

IIRC you were coming to ram me, i saw that so i put it in reverse to meet you half way.

BTW i told my dog about your offer, but hee was busy calling the suicide hotline.

Ok some pictures the bronco guy took... Dont knwo what they are as he sent me links only, but once I paste them, I figure they will show...

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1524.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

more generic picts but hey, got em so might as well post em...

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

so rob what your wife say about the door......sawzall party?!!??!??!

Back