• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just wanted to say hi.

SexJ1988

NAXJA Forum User
New guy in central IL

Hi I'm Austin

Just bought a 1988 Cherokee Sunday and it's already lived up to its name. (Just empty every pocket). Hoping to sort out this things issues and have it running soon.

Hope some of you are local or relatively close.

568b8d547ac50756c3a4acc2b44dd867.jpg
21664e31e5ada4472c9651ba5dc72caf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello.

I see that you're missing two center caps.
You may as well sell me the remaining two.

what? I have a problem.

also, there's certain renix things you need to fix.
bulkhead connector needs cleaned before it fails.
Check the two pink/orange wires in the top for burnination, they carry nearly all the interior load.
firewall ground strap. Don't replace it with a battery cable. It's braided for a reason, and that reason is RF interference.
TPS needs adjusted correctly and checked.
clean the grounds. Every one.
is it 5 speed? check the fuseblock for the clutch fluid killing it.
delete the ballast resistor.
and check the fuel pressure regulator.

that's pretty much it for general renix things.
You'll either love it or hate it.

hello.

I see that you're missing two center caps.
You may as well sell me the remaining two.

what? I have a problem.

also, there's certain renix things you need to fix.
bulkhead connector needs cleaned before it fails.
Check the two pink/orange wires in the top for burnination, they carry nearly all the interior load.
firewall ground strap. Don't replace it with a battery cable. It's braided for a reason, and that reason is RF interference.
TPS needs adjusted correctly and checked.
clean the grounds. Every one.
is it 5 speed? check the fuseblock for the clutch fluid killing it.
delete the ballast resistor.
and check the fuel pressure regulator.

that's pretty much it for general renix things.
You'll either love it or hate it.

Where is the ballast resistor? It's an auto. I plan to replace ALL main grounds with braid straps. I need to adjust the Tps, and probably replace or grease the linkage(pedal seems slow) idk how to check fpr I'm relatively new to jeeps, and new ish to in depth troubleshooting. What's the bulk head connector?

Where is the ballast resistor? It's an auto. I plan to replace ALL main grounds with braid straps. I need to adjust the Tps, and probably replace or grease the linkage(pedal seems slow) idk how to check fpr I'm relatively new to jeeps, and new ish to in depth troubleshooting. What's the bulk head connector?

Ballast resistor is up along the fender by the airbox. Its sorta a white ceramic color with two wires and a single bolt holding it on.

The bulkhead connector is the big electric connector right next to the brake booster/MC.

Ballast resistor is up along the fender by the airbox. Its sorta a white ceramic color with two wires and a single bolt holding it on.

The bulkhead connector is the big electric connector right next to the brake booster/MC.

I cleaned the bulkhead yesterday (cruiser54's c101 refresh) I'll check the ballast, how do I remove it or fix it?

Welcome. Unless you don't like bacon. If you don't like bacon...screw you.

Back