• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just upgraded brakes on my 94

uniquexjbannon

NAXJA Forum User
Got to do a little work this weekend and havent got the pics up yet but it was an easy (just time consuming) upgrade to do. Got a MC and brake booster assembly out of a 96 xj (read that a 95 or 96 would work without any rod swaps or spacers) at the local scrap yard. The later models went to a dual diaphram booster instead of the earlier single diap boosters. Hardest part was getting the older lines off the MC. Hope to have pics up by end of week. Here is the link that I got all the info off of.
http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/drivetrain/154_0810_cheap_jeep_brake_system_upgrades/index.html

I'm hoping of doing that sometime. Have to pull my ABS system out too. If I ever do an axle swap, I'll do it along with this swap as well. For now, I'll just get disk brakes off of a ZJ and throw them on my XJ, along with the proportioning valve.

I did this upgrade on my 86... took the MC and booster out of a 95 and I had to do a lil grinding to get my brake light switch to work but it wasn't too much. But i will tell you one thing... GREAT stopping power! I am very happy I did it and thanks to help from magimerlin I have had no probplems at all!

yeah I'm happy with it so far and will test it out at megarun. Had to do something cause the OEM wasnt doing it, since I did disc brakes conversion. Hope it will be enough for the new t-case when it goes in next month

I did this upgrade on my 86... took the MC and booster out of a 95 and I had to do a lil grinding to get my brake light switch to work but it wasn't too much. But i will tell you one thing... GREAT stopping power! I am very happy I did it and thanks to help from magimerlin I have had no probplems at all!

Hey thats me.......... I did the booster on my 89' befor we did Kurts, so I was prepared.

Go get a booster and new master and we will.:repair::explosion:explosion:repair:
Kurt and I used the ones from the 95'. We got ours from the bone yard(junk yard). Do not forget to get the spacer that is between the booster and the firewall, and get the lines that go to the combo valve to, I reuse the ends....

I did this a few years ago on my 94. *WELL* worth the time & money to do this.

I guess since I need to replace my booster anyway, I should just upgrade.

Why yes you do... and its easy for us 2.8s to do. We don't have to relocate anything to do it.

here are some of the pics

2812303310100387885S600x600Q85.jpg

2497090680100387885S600x600Q85.jpg

Back