• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just picked up my 4th XJ. It's a beauty too

hxcjohnny

NAXJA Forum User
I sold my 98 XJ back earlier this year after I had bought an 02 overland with a blown motor. I got the Overland put back together and has been my daily driver for a few months now, but haven't really been happy. The overland is an incredibly nice jeep, and is extremely comfortable and nice, but just isn't me. I've been toying around with the idea of picking up another XJ lately, and have been watching the classifieds on here as well as craigslist. I finally stumbled across a XJ Wednesday on craigslist that met my standards and then some. I went and test drove it and ended up buying it the same day.

It's a 99 XJ Sport. It's just a regular XJ, no special options or anything particularly eye catching except for the fact that it was owned by an 85 year old man that just recently died and left it to his nephew. It's a one owner, garage-kept jeep with 31K original miles. You read that right, 31K MILES!!! The jeep is absolutely perfect inside and out. Not a single stain, not a single door ding. The only issue with it is a missing center cap on one of the wheels.

I can't wait to sell the Overland and start working on this beauty. Tell me what you guys think!

Untitled by John_Morris1, on Flickr

sick grab, I'll mail you the missing cap if your keeping the rims, i have a few kicking around

I know a lot of people will tell you to lift it, wheel it, etc. But, it's just too cherry to do anything to it but option it up! Take the Urban Yan approach. They ain't making them anymore, and it would be good to see some nice ones survive. I turned my lightly optioned '92 Sport into a Limited, with as many factory goodies as I can find, and now it's a Garage Queen. Makes a nice extra car.

Very nice! How much did you pay?

I know a lot of people will tell you to lift it, wheel it, etc. But, it's just too cherry to do anything to it but option it up! Take the Urban Yan approach. They ain't making them anymore, and it would be good to see some nice ones survive. I turned my lightly optioned '92 Sport into a Limited, with as many factory goodies as I can find, and now it's a Garage Queen. Makes a nice extra car.

he's an idiot, LIFT IT!!! :yap:

sick grab, I'll mail you the missing cap if your keeping the rims, i have a few kicking around

That would be awesome man. Pm me if you get a chance. I'll cover whatever shipping charges and all there are for it.

I had thought about doing this. My last XJ was a classic and I really liked the darker seats it had. I may try and find a set of those, or even limited seats if I can find some that aren't worn. I'd love to find a 242 for it, factory skids, hitch, tow hooks, and I'll probably source an overhead console, too. Other than that, I'm going to put in a nice head unit and probably some quality coaxial front speakers. I'm going to lift it, but nothing major. Probably an OME lift and shocks with 245/75r16 BFG AT's on either Moabs or Icons. I don't want to mess with it too much, as I do want to keep it as clean and unmolested as possible, but at the same time, I need it to be slightly bigger than stock. My family has an old cabin in the VA mountains, and I need a little extra clearance to make it up the path without dragging the rear diff. I'll be keeping all the stock parts, just so I can always take it back to original if need be.

Very nice! How much did you pay?

He was asking $7,000 but I was able to talk him down to $6,500. Not bad IMO.

Here's a pic of my last XJ I owned. I like them clean. nevermind the running tire shine haha.

Nothing wrong with a short Jeep. My '96 is 2" on 30s and gets me where I need to go when I want to chill and is a whole lot more pleasurable on the highway than my red Jeep on 35s.

I just picked up my fourth (or was it my fifth...now that I think about it, it might be my sixth)

Anyway, it is NOT a beauty...must be opposite day LOL.
254d9a7f.jpg

0876c59f.jpg

Only paid $650 for it but it's got a blown motor. Just plan on selling parts.

NICE! I kind of agree with the keep it stock thing but I couldn't do it. That first sawzall cut might be a little tough but it would get done :D.

My wife and I were talking about my XJ the other day. We were discussing what I would do if I were to roll mine or something happened to it. I told her I would try to find one in the amber fire color and move my stroker and everything over. She wasn't happy lol said the amber fire XJs were to rare to cut up :D.

Haha. there's no way i'm cutting anything on this jeep! Bumper end caps would be the only thing I would ever do like that, but I would replace the entire bumper before i trim on this one.

Nice! Excellent choice on color and year...but I may be a bit biased :D

Where in NC did you find it!?

I thought I did good picking up an 06 Acura with 24K on it last month...looks like you got me beat!

Nice! Charlotte craigslist has had some good vehicles on it lately. I picked up my Acura off there last month for a steal also!

I gotta leave next week buy my car! :D

Back