• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just moved out of New Jersey

Jeepxj94

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I just basically settled in from my move. My girlfriend and I moved from Burlington, NJ to Beaumont, Tx. What a drive that was! I drove a 17 foot U-Haul truck with a trailer for my XJ. Took us almost 4 days.

Good move. Born there did that. Thats not the fanciest part of Texas but if got you out of Jersey , it's paradise.

New Jersey, land of the 90mph non seatbelt wearing governor..

My Reason for this move was for a few reasons! I COULD NOT Stand Jersey anymore!! People in general were just plain assholes. I always wanted to move to Texas since I was a Junior in High School. There was no where really to wheel. The air up there was dirty.... I've only been in Beaumont, Texas since the 17th of April and I feel at home more than up there in New Jersey.. I have a friend who lives in Silsbee,Tx who I've known since first grade. We went to school together up in Jersey. He moved down here when he was in High School.

I am just about settled in my appartment. Getting ready to order some parts for my XJ. I need some friends that are around here!! Need Wheelers!:new: Here in Texas!

Here is one of the local Jeep clubs...

http://www.southeasttexas.com/class...02229&classified_code=999&zipcode=&distance=0

I don't know much about them though. Both of my 2wd XJ's would be considered "street jeeps"...lol

Southeasttexas.com is one of the big local online classifieds. That particular ad I posted will probly expire in a few days, so you might wanna write down the number/email.

Btw....Here are my two XJ's....
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/815629
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2633595/1

Texas, LOL, Being a jersey boy I was used to giving driving directions in minutes, like it being 25 min from Morristown to delaware water gap and that changed depending on time of day, then I started doing service calls in Tx, got directions from san antone to del rio, no more minutes, it was 8 hours, traffic, what traffic, just watch out for the deer at nite... otherwise it is a nice place..

I don't mind Jersey all that much.... but we are only coming up on 1 year living here. We live in a decent city (moving in June though), and no complaints. But you get out to other areas and some of the people are "odd.". :) Watching guys in "wife beater's" just toss their trash into the streets does fit the stereotypes. LOL.

I have been to Texas several times, it is just not my idea of a "nice" place to live. Visit, sure. But to live there.... just not my cup of tea.

Hoboken Hobo said:
I don't mind Jersey all that much.... but we are only coming up on 1 year living here. We live in a decent city (moving in June though), and no complaints. But you get out to other areas and some of the people are "odd.". :) Watching guys in "wife beater's" just toss their trash into the streets does fit the stereotypes. LOL.

I have been to Texas several times, it is just not my idea of a "nice" place to live. Visit, sure. But to live there.... just not my cup of tea.

Where to next ? Thats a nice place, kinda small though from what I'm used to, I like at least 300ft to the property lines all around, but not bad for where it is... Though I did almost choke when you told me the cost....

I lived in Texas for 8 years. The scorpions gave me the heebie-jeebies.

...so I moved up hill :thumbup:

RichP said:
Where to next ? Thats a nice place, kinda small though from what I'm used to, I like at least 300ft to the property lines all around, but not bad for where it is... Though I did almost choke when you told me the cost....

Yeah, small indeed. Our lease is up soon, so I called and asked about a larger apartment.... they said there are none. However, that is not true. Instead of playing their game, we found a new place in West New York, NJ. bigger place, and I will have an office as well. Plus two pools in our building, office center, private movie viewing thing, etc, and a balcony for me to smoke on. :) It is a PIA right now, 11 floors down to smoke- during the show I have to make em quick.

Cost is about the same, but almost twice the room. 2nd floor of a three story building. Still right on the river, so the dogs will dig it too.

New York not my cup of tea! I grew up in Robbinsville, NJ. Got tired of Jersey..the cost..people in general won't nice..and so on. I've always wanted to move out here in Texas and I did it. I love it! We all have OUR CUP OF TEA in this wonderful world.

Jeepxj94 said:
We all have OUR CUP OF TEA in this wonderful world.

Yea, but you're in the wonderful world of scorpions.

Oh, did I mention the water moccasions?

===

But if you do have the chance...go to the Dr. Pepper distributor in Dublin TX.
They still use pure cane sugar! Best stuff around!:thumbup:

===

Oh....and Y'all better getcha a pickup truck. All da locals have one.

===

RTicUL8 said:
Yea, but you're in the wonderful world of scorpions.

Oh, did I mention the water moccasions?

===

But if you do have the chance...go to the Dr. Pepper distributor in Dublin TX.
They still use pure cane sugar! Best stuff around!:thumbup:

===

Oh....and Y'all better getcha a pickup truck. All da locals have one.

===

Don't forget the armadillo speed bumpers :laugh3:

Sounds fun! Have to check that out when I get a Chance. I don't mind any of the nature around here and what is up in Texas. If I didn't like it I wouldn't of moved here in the First Place!!:yap:

Jeepxj94 said:
Sounds fun! Have to check that out when I get a Chance. I don't mind any of the nature around here and what is up in Texas. If I didn't like it I wouldn't of moved here in the First Place!!:yap:

Y'all don't need to be listenin' to them Yankees, son. You're in Texas - finally! :D

Welcome :clap:

You moved because your Jeep won't rust.

Back