• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got done with the most expensive upgrade to date

Boudroux

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I just stuck my red letter NAXJA sticker on the rig and got a little tearyed eyed reflecting back on my first jeep purchase 7 months ago.

Thanks to this great group of folks and all the information and knowledge I gained on this site I'm now addicted like a crackhead. Axles, tires, armor, stiffners, where does this shit stop? I've blown a hole in my budget a mile wide and growing and there is no turning back now.

F you all! :firedevil

Last edited:
It doesn't ever stop. Period.

David "people have budgets for XJs?" Bricker / SYR

The best part is you'll be selling all of those brand new parts you just got in a year on the NAXJA classifieds for half the price you paid for them in order to upgrade to something better and shinier. :scottm:

The best part is you'll be selling all of those brand new parts you just got in a year on the NAXJA classifieds for half the price you paid for them in order to upgrade to something better and shinier. :scottm:

Yea that part I'm used to from years of racing dirtbikes except Jeep parts are 3+ times as expensive.

This all started last year when my wife announced I spend to much on dirtbikes and racing. She insisted I get a cheaper hobby and suggested a jeep. LOL A month or so ago after the kids were in bed she looked at me all lovingly and said "maybe you should start racing dirtbikes again." All I could do was look her in the eye and say NO F'ING WAY!

then comes the post buggy " oh i miss a normal full body jeep"

then you get into grand wagoneers, sport trucks, and rare Venezuelan xjs.

Because of Naxja I have turned my $1000 xj into a $8000 investment. I'm still wait for the market to build some equity :)

She must not know the acronym for JEEP, Just Empty Every Pocket...

Don't ever, never, let her know.

Oh, and the buggy builds start as soon as the jeep is flopped or rolled... Don't ever, never, tell her that either...

Carry on

The Bride saw this.

And smacked me.

You guys are getting me in nothing but trouble.

:confused1

Don't forget the ol "It's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission" speech. Mine usually goes, "But honey, I already bought it. Sure, they'll take it back, but then I have to spend all the money to ship it and a restocking fee. It's here and the Jeep needs it, so I might as well just keep it."

Back