• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got back from UP&P (66th & Broadway)

kujito

NAXJA Forum User
Not a whole lot to get excited about, but it was just a quick trip; didn't look that hard. Sets of rims & tires are 20% off.

Did see 2 C8.25 axles and a 3 or 4 receiver hitches that looked to be in good shape; a couple of GCs w/hitches also. One stock tire carrier, the type that wrap around to the quarter panel.

No sound bars. Most of the interiors were pretty well trashed. Most of the motors looked to be that way too. No LeBaron hood vents.

Just figured I'd put it out there. Maybe save somebody a trip, or some axle/hitch searching.

TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

If professional boxers only have to go 2min a round, then why should I have to go any longer? 2min, thats all the f you get. I'm going to get mine, you sure as f better get yours.

Happen to see any 2dr 99-01?

Colorado Auto Salvage actually has 3 or more '97+ 2 door rigs in the yard right now........ Kevin (fireLt.) and I stripped the crap out of a super clean '99 SE model - Kevin was truely feeling guilty for taking it apart...... he kept appologizing to the damn thing...... :roflmao:

Whatcha looking for?

need the full interior plastic (minus dash) and has to be powered. and the dark grey front seats (has to be 2dr)

dont want 97, they are grey (only seen grey, never dark grey in 97), want dark charcoal out of 99-01. picky i know, and will take forever to find all the pieces.

may hit COAS tomorrow (that is what i was talking about maybe being up there).

FYI: Colorado Auto and Parts is only open 'till 1pm

I spent most of the day in various boneyards. I hit the Aurora UPAP first thing this morning, and picked up a front skid for $15. It had a slightly bent bracket, but nothing that a 32 oz. ball peen couldn't handle. I put it on my rig this afternoon. The same Cherokee had an aftermarket 2x6 rear bumper with a swing away tire carrier - a little rusty, but I'm sure that somebody has the patience to refinish it. It also had a stock TC skid, if anybody is interested. I took all the bolts off of a ZJ fuel tank skid, but the Jeep was setting on the skid and they wouldn't move it so I could pull it out. Live and learn. I went to th JY next to the Denver UPAP, and picked up a perfect ZJ fuel tank skid that somebody had just pulled to get the trailer hitch. Twenty bucks, and all I had to do was pick it up; that was my good Karma for doing all the work at UPAP and not getting the skid. What are the modifications needed to run a ZJ gas tank skid on an XJ? It doesn't look like I'll have to change much. I picked up a swing away tire carrier off of an 86 Pioneer at Denver UPAP. It's an aftermarket model made by Valley. It has brackets that use two of the tail light bolts, then you have to drill a larger hole just above each tail light. There's a small reinforcing bracket that goes behind the larger bolt. You also have to drill a hole in the top of the bumper to put a bolt in. It's rock solid, and can be adjusted for larger tires (I don't think that I'd go too big, though). Unfortunately, the tail lights are different on my '97 and it doesn't look like it would fit without extensive modifications. I'll clean it up and put it in the classifieds in a couple of weeks when I have time.

I spent most of the day in various boneyards. I hit the Aurora UPAP first thing this morning, and picked up a front skid for $15. It had a slightly bent bracket, but nothing that a 32 oz. ball peen couldn't handle. I put it on my rig this afternoon. The same Cherokee had an aftermarket 2x6 rear bumper with a swing away tire carrier - a little rusty, but I'm sure that somebody has the patience to refinish it. It also had a stock TC skid, if anybody is interested. I took all the bolts off of a ZJ fuel tank skid, but the Jeep was setting on the skid and they wouldn't move it so I could pull it out. Live and learn. I went to th JY next to the Denver UPAP, and picked up a perfect ZJ fuel tank skid that somebody had just pulled to get the trailer hitch. Twenty bucks, and all I had to do was pick it up; that was my good Karma for doing all the work at UPAP and not getting the skid. What are the modifications needed to run a ZJ gas tank skid on an XJ? It doesn't look like I'll have to change much. I picked up a swing away tire carrier off of an 86 Pioneer at Denver UPAP. It's an aftermarket model made by Valley. It has brackets that use two of the tail light bolts, then you have to drill a larger hole just above each tail light. There's a small reinforcing bracket that goes behind the larger bolt. You also have to drill a hole in the top of the bumper to put a bolt in. It's rock solid, and can be adjusted for larger tires (I don't think that I'd go too big, though). Unfortunately, the tail lights are different on my '97 and it doesn't look like it would fit without extensive modifications. I'll clean it up and put it in the classifieds in a couple of weeks when I have time.

Main Entry: 1par·a·graph
Pronunciation: \ˈper-ə-ˌgraf, ˈpa-rə-\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English paragraf marginal sign marking a paragraph, from Anglo-French parogref, from Medieval Latin paragraphus, from Greek paragraphos line used to mark change of persons in a dialogue, from paragraphein to write alongside, from para- + graphein to write — more at carve
Date: 1525
1 a : a subdivision of a written composition that consists of one or more sentences, deals with one point or gives the words of one speaker, and begins on a new usually indented line b : a short composition or note that is complete in one paragraph

Main Entry: 1par·a·graph
Pronunciation: \ˈper-ə-ˌgraf, ˈpa-rə-\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English paragraf marginal sign marking a paragraph, from Anglo-French parogref, from Medieval Latin paragraphus, from Greek paragraphos line used to mark change of persons in a dialogue, from paragraphein to write alongside, from para- + graphein to write — more at carve
Date: 1525
1 a : a subdivision of a written composition that consists of one or more sentences, deals with one point or gives the words of one speaker, and begins on a new usually indented line b : a short composition or note that is complete in one paragraph

:moon:

Back