• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got an iphone 4s

time2getdirty

my cats breath smells
NAXJA Member
I am an apple newb. What do I do now?

I hooked it up to my i tunes and synced stuff...

What fun games would yall recomend? and where would you recomend getting free music from? I was using a website that converted youtube videos into mp3 but i guess they got shut down.

Any help is cool!:peace:

There is a free app called "Wheeling" which is a clinometer. Also I use a speedometer app called "myHUD" since my dash speedo is off. That app doubles as a heads up devise at night.

get in your jeep, go real fast and then throw it out the window. no but seriously, My girl has the 4s and I like it. I am an Android fanboy, so I would never buy one, but I play on hers alot and the camera is INSANE!

I have had androids since they came out. I got sick of the crappy OS and having to reboot it all the time. I switched to an iPhone last week and i love it.

Gas Cubby.

One of the best apps if you want to keep track of how your fuel mileage is and log repair expenses and such.

You put your vehicles in, the duration of your oil changes and tire rotations and such, then every time you get fuel you log it in. When you get to with in a few hundred miles of an oil change or tire rotation it will warn you.

Turn your phone sideways and it gives you statistical sheets and graphs. Here are a couple photos.

43a4c26e-5125-f388.jpg

43a4c26e-5133-0431.jpg

43a4c26e-514e-30d7.jpg

Last edited:
Gas Cubby.

One of the best apps if you want to keep track of how your fuel mileage is and log repair expenses and such.

You put your vehicles in, the duration of your oil changes and tire rotations and such, then every time you get fuel you log it in. When you get to with in a few hundred miles of an oil change or tire rotation it will warn you.

Turn your phone sideways and it gives you statistical sheets and graphs. Here are a couple photos.

43a4c26e-5125-f388.jpg

43a4c26e-5133-0431.jpg

43a4c26e-514e-30d7.jpg

X2 on that one.

Do you have your rig in there too?

I have a 3G (not even a "S") and find it to be useful.

Calendar: Stock AP; you can auto sync with Google Calendars and share calendars.

Mail: Stock AP; You can get your POP3 mail right to your phone.

iHandy Level ; Works OK, but calibrate it to something you know is level before checking level on something you don't :)

MotionX makes 2 products: GPS Drive and MotionX-GPS. GPS is Drive is just like the GPS standalone devices you see folks with on their dash (I don't have one, I just use GPS Drive instead). MotionX-GPS works like a handheld hunting GPS, but updates maps as long as you have atleast E service. You can also download maps for areas you are interested in. It will do "Tracks", and you can mail yourself a copy of the track overlayed with a Topo Map for no extra expense.

SoundMeter and dB sound meter: Sound meters. I use them to verify equipment I install meets minimum SPL standards.

DipSwitch: If you are weak at Base 2 adding, this app will assist you to set dip switches on Base 2 addressed devices.

There are quite a few more. You think of it, and someone has probably made an APP for it. I do my business expenses via an APP, can Bank via an APP. Do spreadsheets with Office Plus. Read up on Fly Fishing with the American Fly Fishing Mag APP, etc.

There is a real neat one for the 3GS and up that helps you identify constellations in the sky. You just point the phone in the are of the sky you are interested in, and it shows you the name of the constellation you are looking at. Only works with phones with built in compasses, so it won't run my poor old 3G, but is fantastic on my GFs 4G.

Moab: That is a neat little APP :D

Last edited:
Dude. You need to upgrade. I went from a 3G (not S) to a 4 (not S) and the difference was night and day. Skipped the 4S and now I'm waiting to see if the new one is enough of an upgrade to keep me from jumping ship.

I'll keep my android. 4.0 is amazing compared to the other Android versions.

Dude. You need to upgrade. I went from a 3G (not S) to a 4 (not S) and the difference was night and day. Skipped the 4S and now I'm waiting to see if the new one is enough of an upgrade to keep me from jumping ship.

Don't I know it ! This phone was free, a gift from my GF a couple of years back when she upgraded to the 4G. It has only needed a $4 battery, so it's been pretty good to me. Like you, she is waiting for the latest and greatest from Apple to pull the trigger. When that happens, I suspect there will be a 4G in my future :D

Back