• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just another '99 xj

Ive decided i want fullwidths and a long arm of some sort. I plan on stretching the wheelbase in the back around 8-10", keeping it as low as possible with around a 37"-38" tire.
I hunted for axles for a few weeks and scored a set of ford axles for $300. Rear is a d60, front is a d44 from a f150 (cast wedges) with 4.10 gears and 8 lug outers already.
e8dbbfb026e456fec1e6a5630f7a86d2.jpg

I was originally going to run the ruffstuff diy radius arm kit but now with the cast wedges Im planning on running a modified ford radius arm setup with the passenger side probably wristed.
Found this pick on another thread and really like how it ended up.
cce5de8c07b20930c4ab6ea47cb731e1.jpg

Im going to a local junkyard today to pick up a set of radius arms so i can start measuring and order the dom for the arms and a set of joints.
I havent decided on heims or johnny joints yet, from what ive read heims dont hold up to alot of water/sand/mud which i dont like but always end up finding one way or another, so im really leaning toward the jjs.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
check on here with Brianho13, he is owner of HD Offroad Engineering and he can get you a good deal on the joints etc. :thumbup:

Went to get radius arms, left with a whole axle! My buddy with the green 98 decided he better snatch it up while it was there, got it all for $125.
5ee597cf04f38d33d6072a93ea361701.jpg

I grew up in your area (in crawfordsville now) usually spend my weekends over that way on the river or chasing geese this time of year

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Got everything soaking in pb blaster, nothing wants to come off lol.
Wanted to get the radius arms mocked up today but ran into heater problems that took up most of my jeep time, so itll have to wait until my next day off.
281091801021551d94f1db573ade34fb.jpg

Looks like your doing the same swap I just did. Take a look at my build thread if you need any ideas on the arms. I just used some 2" square tube and welded it right to the factory Ford radius arms with a heim joint on the end.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Looks like your doing the same swap I just did. Take a look at my build thread if you need any ideas on the arms. I just used some 2" square tube and welded it right to the factory Ford radius arms with a heim joint on the end.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Just did! Nice build man!

Rolled the axle under the jeep to figure out the length of the arms and crossmember placement, still looking at options for the axle side trac bar bracket, i wanted to avoid having to weld any of it to the cast but it looks like i dont have a choice.
d4f28f5a734ddb9c7bbd04bdcb31f3ed.jpg

9c3a6b089d5d0cc1168c4ab6bcb078e2.jpg

Back