• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just a heads up: JK stabilizer fits!

Silver60th

NAXJA Forum User
For you guys grabbing shocks from a JK, the steering stabilizer fits our rigs just fine. You just need to source a bolt, 2-3 washers and a matching nut.

Good to know if you have a very worn old factory stabilizer.

And yes, this is first-hand knowledge :D

JK in the junkyard? good luck on that!

a lot of people are building jk's these days, im guessing he's talking about take-off's from some yuppie who bought a brand new 25K jeep, and immediately thru 5K of lift stuff on it...

Yup, what xcm said. Alot of people buy JK take-off shocks that come with a stabilizer, then throw it away thinking it doesn't fit.

haha, i was going to say. ive never seen a JK in any of my yards. though i dont know anybody who wants to wheel a JK. they all realize that with that much money they could have so much more.

"friends dont let friends wheel JKs."

haha, i was going to say. ive never seen a JK in any of my yards. though i dont know anybody who wants to wheel a JK. they all realize that with that much money they could have so much more.

i have seen one JK in a yard in phoenix. the back 2/3s of it was burnt to a crisp. too bad someone had already snagged both axles and the tc...

Did you actually test it through the range of steering? The fact that it's adjustable means that it'll fit pretty much anything when the tires are straight, but that doesn't mean it'll go the same range of motion.

Typical talk from a crowd that has vehicles with values far less than that of the vehicle they're bashing.

I own both, and I've wheeled both. I prefer the JK for the most part, aside from the lousy motor that Chrysler stuffed in there.

So the JK shocks will fit right on the XJ? I desperately need new shocks, so it would be great to get some cheap take-offs like the JK ones to use for a while.

Typical talk from a crowd that has vehicles with values far less than that of the vehicle they're bashing.

I own both, and I've wheeled both. I prefer the JK for the most part, aside from the lousy motor that Chrysler stuffed in there.
ya, typical talk of someone who takes the internet very litterally...

defend it all you want, im not bashing it. but i personally cant justify spending that much on a vehicle, especially a new one, just to beat on it. maybe you can, but i cant. ill stick with my vehicle of "less value" for the off road fun and run the car around town. saves on gas too.

Back