• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junk Yard Parts Finds/Requests

I am in search of a 1999 front pipe (down pipe) that has a pre-cat in it. My XJ, previously owned by Andy, has a nice custom down pipe the is tucked up out of the way and clears the front driveshaft, but since it was purchased in California it needs to have the pre-cat that was originally on the vehicle in order to pass smog. The problem is that this part is discontinued and although the part is listed on many online parts stored, once you call to verify that they do have the part they always apologize that they do not have one and don't know why it is on their site still. I have had this Jeep pass smog twice before at the same place with the current exhaust, so I don't know if CARB is cracking down on the visual inspections or if it is just the guy that checked it this time but I would rather have one installed and not try to play the "find-a-shop-that-will-ignore-the-missing-cat" game.

If you have and extra one, or see on in a junk yard, let me know. Since these things usually have some precious metals in them I doubt it would even make it into a pick-a-part, but it is also a pre-cat so it might be missed.

The price online was $280ish to $320ish plus a $200 core. I will gladly pay that for a new one if you find one and eat the core since mine is custom. If you find a used one I will try that also and pay about half price.

Pick-a-Part:

40% Off Sale Sep 02 2016 - Sep 05 2016

Long shot here...looking for a t5 5 speed trans from an 88-92 camaro v8. If anyone sees on in a yard, please let me know.

Back