• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junk Yard Leaf Problem

gcam

NAXJA Forum User
I'm doing Rock Lizard's 2.5" build using Moog HD front springs and junk yard XJ leaves added to the stock pack.

My wife is sick today, so our little guy came with me to the JY to pick up the leaves. I was trying to keep him out of stuff, and never looked at them until I got home.

One has rounded ends on the leaves. The other pack has tapered square ends. One pack sits with a half inch more free arch than the other, sitting on my garage floor.

Is the extra arch just to offset road crown or drivers weight? I'm pretty sure they sold me packs from two different XJ's, but I don't know if it matters.

I'm pretty anxious to go wheeling next weekend, and be able to if I have to wait until next Saturday to make it back to the junkyard.

thanks for any help.

Geoff

Sounds like you might have one XJ spring pack and one YJ spring pack. You probably need to take them back and get identical spring packs.

Goatman said:
Sounds like you might have one XJ spring pack and one YJ spring pack. You probably need to take them back and get identical spring packs.
x2

Back