• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junk yard eyes (YJ parts)

88trailcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Wondering if anybody has seen any YJ's recently at any of the So Cal junkyards.

I know it's a long shot - looking for a hard top and/or full doors for my kids YJ.

I know that cj doors will work with little mods. Jeepcherokeeguy99 did that ln his yj

I have seen 2 yj's in sierra auto recycling in Ridgecrest ca. Not super local to you probably. Don't remember a hard top but I believe there was doors on at least one.

the was a 4 cyl yj in the oside ecology a couple weeks ago. prob gone by now.

Yeah this is rediciculous.

A decent hard top and set of full doors appears to cost nearly as much as I paid for the whole damn YJ - including clean title, smog cert. and still running strong 1-1/2 years later.

These things are like gold.

Honestly - the best deal I have found would be a hard top YJ roller I found with no engine or tranny, if only I had room to store a part out YJ fir a few months.

Check with Inland Jeep in Rialto. They mostly strip XJs but they get a YJ every once in a while.

For what its worth you can monitor inventory at local pick-a-parts online at http://www.lkqcorp.com/en-us/

It worked out great for me last week.

Back