• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

June is RORP Appreciation month

Bounty Hunter

NAXJA Forum User
In light of the recent events affecting the future of Rockport Offroad Park as we know it, I suggest we declare June official RORP Appreciation Month. Let's all show Tom and Debbie how much we appreciate everything they've done for wheelin in the region and make every attempt to patronize the park this month. Let's set a record month for RORP and get the new and improved RORP off to a blazing start.

http://www.rorp.com

I will be there the weekend of June 24-25

...BOB

Excellent idea. I'm working like hell to be ready to be there the weekend of the 24th/25th.

Bounty Hunter said:
In light of the recent events affecting the future of Rockport Offroad Park as we know it...

What recent events?

I think I see. Talldogs and the Back 40 are closed off. That's a fair piece of the park.
This Hannibal they speak of for a new Jeep area, is that Hannibal, MO?

Last edited:
Yes, Hannibal MO.
153516716.jpg

153518035.jpg

153536104.jpg

:sunshine:

Zuki-Ron said:
What recent events?
The forces of evil have descended on Tom and Debbie. Liars, cheats and politicians aren't always easy to identify until they turn on you.

Tom looks right in his element in those new rocks, however!

87manche said:
tell them we make trails, and have past experience at redbird :)

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

True dat!

More info from RORP on the new Hannibal property. They've closed on the property so it sounds like it's a done deal. Campground next door, with a lot of amenities close by in Hannibal.

State maintained driveway to the park entrance
153520796.jpg

Large shop building with working scales
153522455.jpg

Conveniently left-behind gravel
153522479.jpg

A look into a side of the small bowl of the quarry
153544633.jpg

A look into the large bowl of the quarry
153536127.jpg

153523981.jpg

153523986.jpg

Oooo, pretty pink trees 'n' rocks. That'll match my Barbie Jeep perfectly.

Looks like a diamond in the rough. I'm up for cutting and polishing!

What Rd said:
The forces of evil have descended on Tom and Debbie. Liars, cheats and politicians aren't always easy to identify until they turn on you.

Shame really, the place was kinda interesting, and "only" 6hrs away. Glad I took that side trip this spring to see it before it changed.

So, the "old" RORP isn't really worth visiting anymore then?

Zuki-Ron said:
So, the "old" RORP isn't really worth visiting anymore then?
How much of the original RORP will remain and exactly what it'll look like is unclear right now, but it'll certainly remain very much "worth visiting" and wheeling. Debbie mentioned that they planned to keep the rock course, among other areas, open.

IntrepidXJ said:
i wouldn;t say that. the rock crawl section they have is fun, plus they have plenty of other acres of off-site trails that were part of rockport.
ya beat me to the reply button!
True - plus there are several other trails that don't sound as though they'll be affected by this treachery.

Back