• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jumping on the build wagon

Does it still ride well even with all that over and under spray? :D

Thanks bro

flores should start an exhaust shop.

raw

I don't think I saw a flex pic with those upper spring mounts.... Do your tires clear the mounts when flexed?

His coil mounts are setup similar to how Clayton does it with their kit.

TNT and RK(although RK has apparently dropped all their XJ parts, only reason I can think of is because they're a bunch of JK fanboy queers) put them in a similar spot, but under the frame rail. They use TJ rear coils with RK calling for a 2" lift coil to match 4.5" springs and TNT calling for a 2" lift Old Man Emu HD coil to match up with their 5.5" lift.

Flores is using the skinnier ZJ rear coil that probably matches the weight of the XJ better. Clayton actually uses a BDS 2" Lift XJ front coil spring to match their 6.5" front springs. I would think the front springs would be pretty soft, but what do I know? Not much really.

I'm using stock XJ front coils on the rear of mine...nets me about 6.5". I need to change it though because they are way too soft. Rides awesome on the road, but load any tools or coolers in the back, and it gets pretty spongy. Thinking about trying the Old Man Emu coils.

Is your spring under or next to the frame?

Maybe we need to have that beer here shortly so I can check it out.

I did it similar to what Flores did, but my coil sits a little below the bottom of the frame. It started out as a RK 4 link, but I ditched the coilovers and went back with coils. My goal was to use a TJ rear spring which are a lot wider, so between the truss and the extra width of the TJ spring, I decided to mount the coils on the outside of the frame so they didn't rub on the truss.....just have yet to install the TJ spring. :roflmao:

I've added more bracing to the upper mount after I took this pic
Blackberrypics391.jpg

Last edited:
Is your spring under or next to the frame?

Maybe we need to have that beer here shortly so I can check it out.

If 6.5 luft from a stock coil it is on the bottom of the rail if it is frenched into the rail like I did a front 8 inch lift coil gives about 8 in back as it sits about the same as the front bucket. 180 lb is way too soft I had 205 b4 the cage and extras ot was pretty stable and flexed balanced I got a set of RE after I jumped it and snapped a passenger coil tbey are only 180 rate and with the exo it is way too soft they would be too soft even without the exo a 205 lb rear coil seemed a good balance with a 180 lb front .

Thanks Nick.

1-tonxj, will you ever learn to type coherently? Because I can't understand a single thing you type. Maybe because English is my second language, but regardless.

I thought you were bringing this thread back? :bs::laugh3:

Back