• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JohnX callout

LOL, might not want to plan around mine being done! Finding burgundy seats is proving to be next to impossible! That is the major hold up right now. I want to get the interior done so I can finish all the little stuff under it. Other than seats I need driveshafts and a few little things and she will be mobile again!

LOL, might not want to plan around mine being done! Finding burgundy seats is proving to be next to impossible! That is the major hold up right now. I want to get the interior done so I can finish all the little stuff under it. Other than seats I need driveshafts and a few little things and she will be mobile again!
Spend the big bucks and get them recovered. BOOM! :D

I don't have them big bucks. I think that may be my only option though. It'll get done one way or another!

Just get some $20 burgundy seat covers from Pep Boys as a temporary solution. Don't let seats hold the project up. :)

Bucket or bench?

Either at this point! I have either a full console or a mini. All in hopes of finding either.

I sure do. I have everything but seats lol!

I sure do. I have everything but seats lol!

Okay, I'll keep my eye out for either MJ or two door XJ red seats. Four door seat upholstery may or may not fit over two door / MJ seats as there are some obvious differences but I'd imagine they would.

Thanks man. There is red and burgundy seats. Red was a AMC thing. Burgundy was in the later trucks. I need burgundy.

I haven't run across the true red, didn't know they had it.

I'll keep you posted if I should bump into them. One question though, have you spoken to Beamer? I don't know whether he has a Burgandy bench but he might...

I did talk to him. I beleive he tossed his seat for buckets. It has been awhile though and I drink a lot!

I did talk to him. I beleive he tossed his seat for buckets. It has been awhile though and I drink a lot!

Not that I recall.....he still should have the bench.

I don't have a seat. Mongo's retarded azz tossed my black bench for red racing seats. I will figure it out. I have been eyeing a exploder 60/40 front bench setup. It is a little lighter than the burgundy but will work in a pinch.

I don't have a seat. Mongo's retarded azz tossed my black bench for red racing seats. I will figure it out. I have been eyeing a exploder 60/40 front bench setup. It is a little lighter than the burgundy but will work in a pinch.

You've got the sought after bucket brackets though, I'd bet that can help work something out.

you can always pull a midnight auto at Julio's house

Julio has a four door, I thought of him earlier.

I know Bo insists on near perfection here so wasn't even going to suggest non-tilt forward seats.

i'll keep my eyes open at the junkyard. i gotta go pick up a driveshaft for the van pretty soon so i can take a look, although i dont recall seeing an mj or 2 door there. they do usually have a good rotation of xj's though.

Back